Posts by silverlight

HUGE HUGE difference, definitely a better SQ to run directly from an HDMI-equipped source (i.e., Oppo Player, Mac Mini, Audio PC server with HDMI out, etc), and then also route out from the optical to a good quality DAC, isolating just the processing and avoiding A to D and D to A in the unit.  I also found quality of HDMI and optical cables made a difference as well (more HDMI than optical in my case).  Note this was not testing between the HDMI and non HDMI version of...
Sold
For sale a like-new (9/10 rating) Lampizator Big 6 DAC with independent DSD DAC module and Dueland caps. DAC includes RCA output, USB input, BNC digital input. Manual switch on front panel to select DSD or PCM modules. No volume control as I wanted the cleanest signal path possible (all headphone amps have volume controls, and my speaker amp also has volume control).  Sells for $8900 new when converted to US$.  Unit was received new in December 2013 (i.e., 4 months old...
@Jon-LF- it's a no-brainer if your interest is watching movies.  Quite an experience with a hi end headphone system.   However I have primarily used it with 2 channel audio listening, and candidly it's pretty hard to go back to the imaging / headstage of a regular headphone setup after getting your brain used to or trained on the Realiser output.    IMO to maximize quality you absolutely need to keep the Realiser in the digital domain.   This involves having a source...
SOLD.  Thank you!
SOLD.  Thank you
For sale is a like-new pair of Sennheiser HE90 Orpheus headphones that have been used for less than 25 hours since new.  My guess is that one would be very hard pressed to find a pair in as good a condition as these.  Purchased them NOS (new old stock) several years ago from a dealer who had packed them away for a rainy day.  Also listing separately a Headamp Aristaeus amp that's a perfect match for the headphones.  As mentioned in that listing, over the past couple years,...
Good call :)  just posted the amp listing before this and didn't realize it was in this forum until after I posted.  Will ask moderator to move (don't want to double post).Thanks! EDIT:  Will close here and move to the Headphone section  (Moderator feel free to delete this one)
Moved to headphone section
For sale is a like-new, barely used Aristaeus.  I had purchased this as I own the HE90 headphones to pair with them.  Over the past couple years, was able to carve out a space in our home for a very good electrostatic speaker-based setup and so have been meaning to start to rationalize the number of headphone amps and headphones I have which are carefully packed away and stored securely in my equipment closet.  A very hard decision, but decided to sell my HE90's and so...