or Connect

Posts by Jupiterknight

I don't remember who it was, it was a very long time ago and it certainly wasn't you.. Yes, ER is one of the few audio gear companies that I actually truly respect, because you stay true to your original product, minor changes, you don't oversell your product as others tend to do in this time and age, but we can still ask questions and I believe the Ety/HF community appreciate this! So we will keep asking.. :-)  Thank you :-)
I find it interesting that the two new version's of the ER-4's have an impedance of 45 Ohm. I understand that it is two new types of single BA drivers, Knowles ED-xxxx or not, but upgraded and what else may surround the driver to approach your ideal freq target better.     However, I remember a very long time ago (+6 years) I read that someone from the Etymotic department mentioned something/somewhere about that they felt that if they had/could released an Ety-4 with the...
This review compares the HD II with the older Zoro.. It may help answer your question. Personally, I think the HD II is a nice upgrade in comfort (better seated on my head) and also with a better balanced sound.   http://www.innerfidelity.com/content/very-well-balanced-noontec-zoro-ii-hd#JDvmHptq8woLlEDp.97
 Thanks for sharing your inside knowledge with the Ety community, we are all excited and hanging around. By the way what's your favorite "The Residents" album? I do assume you like this very unique band  :-)
 Sharing your skills/knowledge and your superb cable/adapter + feedback with the community certainly had an effect on Etymotic to suddenly push forward their new product.  Not a coincidence, if anyone disagree I personally don't care or bother with arguing with a random avatar...   But ClieOS is more or less right, time to hoard what some of us know wasn't broken (or a matter of preference), the driver's etc. and then we can all pray for that ClioOS will continue sharing...
 Yes, unfortunately I still have it too. Found that out after listening to more albums and I was so happy for a while :-)Not a deal breaker to me but my brain has kind of tuned into listening for that little piece of noise, static, whatever it is.  Try to listen to a silent recorded track, or a very quiet piece of music for a couple of minutes and you may notice that this little piece of noise may appear every two minutes or so. At least this is what I experience. With any...
On my Plenue D the new FW 1.11 fixed a slight glitch that kind of annoyed me and maybe my brain may have tuned into it so it may have been more noticeable to me than others or just a difference from unit to unit!   But when playing MP3 files from the internal memory, there was a very slight high pitched noise, lasting for 1/10 of a second or so between songs.   I believe it may be related to to some kind of processor buffering issue. Anyway, the FW 1.11 seems to have...
 Well, the Spinfit tips will not fit the nozzle of the Ety's in a convenient/optimal tight way, since the inside diameter of the spinfit is much larger than the diameter nozzle size of the ETY's. You can throw a spacer on the Ety's nozzle to achieve a tight fit, but I really don't believe you will appreciate how it sounds if you're looking for retaining the Ety's original sound with either stock triple flangers or the Shure foams. I have tried it and it didn't give me the...
I'll repeat myself once again, sorry ClieOS bringing it up again :-) and for those who missed out so far, but his cable and adapter build design/quality completely changed my life.. No, not really, but his wonderfully build cable definitely gave that extra kick to my Etymotic drivers, comfort and design using/wearing them, sound quality as well but that's purely on me! The extra kick, has more or less temporarily affected me to forget about spending more money on the next,...
 No gap or click with Flac files playing from the internal memory. Tested one album, DSOTM, so I can't say if this is true for all albums inFlac but I assume it is. So to me at least this might be a solution. Flac files on the internal memory or just albums in MP3's where I'm not bothered by the little click between songs.