Posts by milosz

I've never seen one for sale.  I would expect the price would be over $10,000  for a well made DIY T2- the parts alone cost a ton-  
I have owned a number of Audio-Gd products: headphone amps, headphone amp / DAC combos, preamp, and DACs.  I've always been impressed with their products. In particular I like their PCM1704UK- based DACs. Their current PCM1704 DAC is pricey, but you can often pick up a DAC-19 for under $500 on the used market (Head-Fi, US Audio Mart, eBay, Audiogon.)  I prefer the sound of my DAC-19 to any Wolfson WM8741 or Sabre ES9018  DAC I've heard. I prefer the PCM1704 R2R sound over...
Geez I didn't see all these issues...  wow.   In fact, that listing is gone now  with  "This seller's listing has been suspended" replacing it.   I've seen those clearly bogus listings on eBay  where some seller's account has gotten hijacked- someone with 561 trades and a 100% feedback  selling a pair of Focal Grande Utopias, an MBL amplifier, a pair of Wilson Alexia's, a Magico A7, a Caliburn Turntable, big Pass Labs amp.... then you look and all their previous sales...
Has anyone noticed the HE90's on Audiogon?  http://app.audiogon.com/listings/in-ear-sennheiser-orpheus-he90-headphones-2014-11-06-headphones-n15-5lh       This seller must have HUGE ears, if he thinks these are 'in-ear' 'phones.   Maybe the seller is clearing his headphone rack for the new Sennheiser electrostatics rumored to be coming....
Ah.  Thanks.
 I thought that might be Gaboon ebony. But, I thought, perhaps it's some sort of plastic or oxidized metal or who knows. Nice contrast. Powder coat?  Do you do your own powder coat? I've been trying to develop my own aesthetic as I build things, and powder coat was something I considered, but local shops want a ton for small jobs. Same for anodizing.  I've used bead blasting and polishing on metals, but I haven't been able to figure a way to get powder coat or anodizing...
Kevin-   The SiC devices like amazing parts, do they have linear enough regions to use as amplifiers?      GA08JT17-247 Drain to Source Voltage (Vdss) 1700V (1.7kV) Current - Continuous Drain (Id) @ 25°C 8A (Tc) (90°C)   GA04JT17-247 Drain to Source Voltage (Vdss) 1700V (1.7kV) Current - Continuous Drain (Id) @ 25°C 4A (Tc) (95°C)   They have a max dissipation around 9~15 watts, and seem to work happily...
Frank - cosmetics question for you-  what are you using for that black edge around the  chassis top plate?   And- it's hard to see from the photo - but what is the chassis top plate?  Copper?  Looks kind of like copper.  It's hard to capture the color of polished metal on a photo, just like you can't convey the chatoyance of certain woods in a picture.
 Hahaha Although I have had my share of "bites" from tube gear -  most recently from my Citation II -  YEOUCH  that hurt!-  the lighting thing was meteorological, not electronic- I was driving a car in a storm in 1987 and the car was struck by a lightning bolt as I crested a hill.  It shut the car off, but it started right back up.  Left a little burn on the roof of the car. Since that day, I've  preferred electrostatic speakers / headphones... maybe the voltage gave me a...
 I wonder if channel imbalance is 1 in 10, 1 in 100, 1 in 1,000..... How many dB is your imbalance?  Oh, and by the way, I HAVE been struck by lightning.