Posts by swbf2cheater

I definitely let the drama society down, lol.  Does it bother me?  Nope, not one but but I did want to know if it was true or not.  I am happy to be one of very few who is willing to admit I bought a $900 piece of crap. It was definitely a good learning experience and a great final end to a 15 year career as a designer, collector of audio gear and journalist. Could really care less that I did let the drama society down, as you called it, but man do I feel bad about it...
  My old self 10 years ago would have beat the crap out of me and given me a wedgie for wearing the LCD2.  He would have sucker punched me in the face for purchasing a $900 set of headphones that came with a terrible cable and was that large and bulky.  It looks absolutely ridiculous on my head and it looks equally as silly on other peoples heads.  I am just not okay with this anymore, 99.99999% of others in the audiophile community disregard it and don't care, so of...
Yea, the victim spotlight was shined on me.  As I said before the thread was meant to vent my frustrations for having a view that was "against the grain" as you put it.  I didn't see anything in this set of headphones that would ever let me rate it as well as others do and I felt really crappy for it, like I failed myself or and seemingly all other audiophiles.  I was definitely out of line in the original post.. I intended to be :D   Time for someone to stand up and...
http://www.head-fi.org/t/524252/grado-325i-woodies-swbf2cheater-earpad-mod-56k-warning   :)
Fixed :)
I would say no.  If you convert headphones to speakers on the fly, does this imply the headphones being designed will be open back?  Not many people...in fact nobody I know is willing to use open back headphones on the go.  If they were to sound even half decent they would need to be pretty large, at least 40mm driver types.     I am not sure this is a good idea.  If the set will be closed back, there is little likelihood that it will sound decent with its cups...
As a guitar player myself I fully endorse investing in the DBI Pro series, either the 700 or 705 model.  They go for between 30 and 40 on ebay often.  Very robust and well build set.  You will need an extension cable though as the stock cable is short for portable needs.  There is also the JVC HARX700, its a nice big set of clunky headphones with a big sound that is hard hitting, its also dirt cheap.  
Mmmm.  Indeed :)       And just for giggles     Also, I tested multiple settings and audio mid tier audio cards and found the Fatality Xfi pro to be the best performer for pure gaming needs, but enjoyed another Fatality series card for music.  needs. For COD, dolby is pure nonsense and does not mesh with the game in the slightest. Pretty much all the pro gamers refuse to activate any special settings the audio card or game will provide and always keep it on...
The 325i Woodie is my absolute favorite Grado and it happens to still be one of my favorite headphones of all time, definitely a top 5'er.  With the HD485 pads this set was astounding.  I miss is very much and during the time I had it, I just couldn't enjoy it much due to the large cable, work didn't allow me to use anything not portable.  After I got to hear the HD 598, I still prefer the Grado sound, but the lack of sound staging qualities upset me so I chose to stick...
This is some of the best advice and wisest words I have read in a long time.  I agree with pretty much everything there and thank you for your thoughts.    I love my HD598, it is a well rounded, comfortable set of headphones that can do things the LCD2 cannot.  If anyone thinks I reverted back to mid-fi gear because it has superior audio qualities, they would be very mistaken. I miss my Edition 8 and T1 heavily.  I cry every day after the loss of my T1 and the other sets...