Posts by swbf2cheater

Yea.  If you are interested in the HD 595, stop right now, take a step back and aim for the HD 598.  Its a lot better IMO.  
The most potent bass I have ever heard was in the Luke Skybeyer DT770
Dang, I should have asked someone to buy them for me :P
how much was the show price? :[  Weren't they $799 recently? Now I see the Head Direct prices are are 899.  :[     
Also a bit suggestive :P
My absolute favorite affordable setup?  Hmm, I would say the Woody 325i recabled I recently mentioned, a Yamaha A800 outed to a Cavali CHT.  So far, that was my favorite somewhat affordable complete setup.  Other honorable mentions go to the Edition 8 + SR71A + J3/Fatality Pro for portable and use at my pc.  I think these little combos work very well together.   I loved the SR71A, while not really as potent as I would have preferred it was one of my favorite portable amps...
  In West Cleveland, born and raised.  On the Audio Playground is where I spent most of my days.  Chillin' out maxin' relaxin' all cool and all Amping my headphones outside of the school, when a couple a guys, they were up to no good, said why not buy an Audeze LCD2 dude? I got in one little fight and my mom got scared she said you are done with all these headphones now go outside and get some fresh air!    I whistled for an admin and when he came near, this T...
Welcome to a month ago :)  I feel much more care free now.      I've yet to find anyone willing to tell me what these qualities were for them.  I don't ask in a sarcastic way, I literally ask because I have no idea what the hell they are. It has some mystery quality that eludes me to even this day. I get that it seems to mesh with some people, like I said my Edition 8 meshed with me more than anything despite it costing a few hundred short of double the price of the LCD2....
  I definitely let the drama society down, lol.  Does it bother me?  Nope, not one but but I did want to know if it was true or not.  I am happy to be one of very few who is willing to admit I bought a $900 piece of crap. It was definitely a good learning experience and a great final end to a 15 year career as a designer, collector of audio gear and journalist. Could really care less that I did let the drama society down, as you called it, but man do I feel bad about it...
  My old self 10 years ago would have beat the crap out of me and given me a wedgie for wearing the LCD2.  He would have sucker punched me in the face for purchasing a $900 set of headphones that came with a terrible cable and was that large and bulky.  It looks absolutely ridiculous on my head and it looks equally as silly on other peoples heads.  I am just not okay with this anymore, 99.99999% of others in the audiophile community disregard it and don't care, so of...