Posts by swbf2cheater

The Ws70 does not have a lot of bass and is an on ear set, the DJ1 series has a load of bass and is in fact over the ear, but its much larger and heavier than the audio technica   I suggest the Denon D1100.  The denon fits all of your needs, it has loads of powerful bass, is small and light but still over the ear. :D
There are a ton of very old classical and jazz recordings that were very well done.  Some tracks by Django recorded in his electric guitar phase were excellent and after they got remastered they albums were just great.  Some of his other stuff was terribly recorded in and around this time by other studios at the very same time.  It is all in the mixers hands and what equipment was used, there is some good stuff out there from way back in the day but most of it is not on...
Thunderpants ( $550ish )  + Schiit Lyr ( $450 )  Right on budget  :)  
  LOL.  I won't touch on that.
My displeasure resided mostly in its lack of comfort.  Sonic Qualities were excellent, by far the best I have ever heard.  If it were smaller and had a nicer headband like the HiFiMan HE500, came with a nicer cable and was a "Jack of all Trades" I would definitely pick it up again.     Until then, I feel pretty much like Mr. Peg in this gif and would do the same thing to the Audeze as he did to the kid on the bike :)  
the AKGs are just too big and clunky for me to consider comfortable.  While they have almost no clamp at rest on my ears nicely, its like a comfortable lead weight on my head...it gets automatically excluded from any debate about comfortable headphones for me :)
You can always sell blood, plasma and other bodily functions, start a bake sale, sell something on craigslist for 10x what it is worth, toss some paint at a  piece of paper and hope there is a millionaire out there who thinks you are brilliant.  Lots of ways to help fund expensive audio equipment jkjk :)    
Wonderful, the set is know for a nice midrange
Consider the Fischer Audio FA003 as well