Posts by SashimiWu

I recommend the Shure SRH840's Meiju.   Owning a pair myself, these are my main gaming/music headphones.  They are a very neutral pair of headphones with great detail.  They play the music exactly as it was meant to be recorded.  The bass is very responsive but doesn't have much impact but when I play games such as Counterstrike: Global Offensive, I can hear gunshots and footsteps very well.  The soundstage isn't the biggest in the world but the isolation and comfort...
  Thanks for the suggestions mate.  I am not really a basshead but after trying out the M80's I was really surprised at how balanced the sound was.  My ideal headphone would be one with good bass that doesn't sacrifice quality or volume in the mids/highs.  I will definitely do some research on the above mentioned though.
After two weeks of using my M80's, the earpads are still too painful to use for more than 2 hours so I decided to return them.  I will have for a month or two without having the V-MODA sound which makes me kind of sad.  Are there any other headphones you guys can think of that have a similar detail/bass quantity/bass quality?
I have personally owned the RE0's before and I absolutely loved them.  Everything about them was wonderful in terms of sound quality and signature.  They offer a detailed, rich, and warm sound at a very good price though it was lacking in bass.     However, both pairs that I had bought broke on me within 6 months and I did not want to pay for them again.  To be fair I do treat my earphones roughly so its definitely my fault but I believe that a lot of people have had...
Wow these updates are making me really excited.  I hope Val can have a stellar launch with no complications since I can't wait to have a pair of these bad boys!
  That's good to know.  Did Val specifically say that head-fiers would be able to order the PPUs?
  Awesome.  So I'm assuming the PPU models will be completely the same as the launch models?  Also is it even possible for us as consumers to buy the PPU models?   I've tried doing that actually and its still almost unbearable to wear after 2 hours.  I think my ears are too soft.
The guaranteed test drive is for 60 days right?  I love my M80's so far but the clamping with the supraaural pads don't cut it for me since I have large ears.  I need to wear these for 8+ hours per day at work and commuting so I was looking into getting an upgrade for M100's.  Will they still allow me to return them even right up to August 8th?
There are plenty of portable headphones that outperfom the PortaPros.  Certain models that you might want to take a look at are: VMODA M-80 Beyerdynamic T50 Beyerdynamic DT1350 Sennheiser HD 25 AIAIAI TMA-1   All of these are around 200 dollars with the only exception being the the DT1350 which is 300 dollars.   The only pair of headphones that I own from the above list are the M-80's everything about them are amazing.  It has a very balanced...
You're going to be very hard pressed to find a pair of IEM's with good soundstage especially for 100 bucks.   I can only vouch for the Etymotic HF5's since that is the only pair I own and I have to say that they are amazing for detail and clarity (also for their superb isolation). The IEM's have very good instrument seperation and handle fast songs very well.  However they do well with all genres that I listen to which consists of rock, pop, hip-hop, jazz,...