or Connect

Posts by SashimiWu

Just ordered one too.  Was considering whether or not it would be worth it to get something like an AK120II but honestly that seems ridiculous now considering these devices aren't made to last for years.
That can't be right can it?  Are they not just selling X3II's instead?
 I have only owned the A17 for a short amount of time so take this with a grain of salt.  To me, the A17 was a very bright sounding player.  The highs were very crisp and could be slightly sibilant with my K10's.  Bass was slightly boomier and also had slightly more impact.  I didn't really notice anything special about the mids. I would say that the AK Jr sounds slightly more balanced (probably due to the smoother sound), and sounds very similar to the DX90 which I love....
Having had an AK100II I have never had that happen to me. Happened a lot to my DX90 though.
 Nice review.  I am not surprised that you enjoy your AK100II more than both versions of the X5 since it really is a polished product and great sounding product.  I am still curious to see how it sounds even though I found the original X5 to be very fatiguing to listen to.
 I agree with you.  Everything else about the player is wonderful but the slim form factor and the wonderful build quality is useless if it doesn't actually play music well.  I am in the same boat and will be patiently waiting for a firmware update before purchasing.
For those in NYC, B&H Photo and Video had an AK Jr on display along with a FiiO X1, X3II, and X5 in their smartphone section.  I think I will be heading back sometime this weekend to probably do some more listening on the AK Jr.   Upon first listen, I actually really enjoyed the tone of the AK Jr.  From memory, it definitely did not sound as clear, transparent, or detailed as the AK100II.  However, it did not feel like it was veiled either.  It had slightly more bass...
Awesome pics.  Looking forward to hearing some more impressions when you spend more time with the player.
 Thanks for the info.  I really want to get the Calyx but since my commutes are very long, I don't really want to have to constantly worry about the battery.  I thought this would be a good solution since it still seems pocketable without the use of wires/external chargers but I guess not!
 What a stack!  May I ask where you purchased the battery pack from?