Posts by SashimiWu

Thanks for the tips guys.  Really excited to try one of these guys out.  I loved my iPod's/CD Players in the past and even though they were a pain to use I still enjoyed them. I'm really digging the retro/solid design of the QP1R and hope it sounds as good as it looks.
Is Moon-Audio the only place to purchase them within the USA?
If anyone is interested, I posted my WA7/WA7tp (2nd gen) combo for sale on the forums.  Awesome sounding unit but I am swapping some funds around for a portable setup.
Hey guys,   Up for sale is my WA7+WA7tp combo in silver.  Basically brand new with all original packaging and accessories.   These are the second generation with the EH upgrade tubes and a pair of Mullard CV4003's for the tube PSU along with all the stock tubes.  I am moving some gear around to invest more in a portable setup so these have to go!   Price includes shipping and fees.  I would be willing to sell them separately but at slightly higher prices.  Let me...
Hey guys,   Up for sale is my WA7+WA7tp combo in silver.  Basically brand new with all original packaging and accessories.   These are the second generation with the EH upgrade tubes and a pair of Mullard CV4003's for the tube PSU along with all the stock tubes.  I am moving some gear around to invest more in a portable setup so these have to go!   Price includes shipping and fees.  I would be willing to sell them separately but at slightly higher prices.  Let me...
Just curious if anyone here prefers their WA7 stock without the WA7tp?
 Regarding the comfort, that is a very common experience for a lot of Audeze customers.  One of the ways to help is to buy a Lohb strap (search for Lohb on head-fi and send him a message) which you can attached to your headband to increase the comfort level.  The more expensive option is to opt for the Audeze carbon fiber headband which they sell for $200 which achieves the same goal (and might be even better comfort wise).  Having used both, they both take away from the...
 Sadly I don't have much experience with electrostatics.  The best for classical for the headphones I have used extensively would definitely be the HD800 paired with a tube amp. However, I was also very impressed with the HE1000 when I demoed it. I also hear the Utopia is very well regarded and might possibly be one of the best headphones in the market if you are willing to pony up the cash.
 Hard to say.  Both are equally amazing in their own right. LCD-X has the body which I really enjoy adding weightier notes for those times I want to listen to emotive or romantic pieces. HD800 has the timbre/tone advantage which makes piano sound much more realistic but sometimes too thin and polite. Overall its a wash depending on what mood I am in.
 Having just received the LCD-X, I would say it really excels with chamber music, especially string pieces.  It has very good imaging and coupled with the intimate sound makes it a joy to listen to.  My model seems to have a slight dip in the upper mids and a slight peak in the upper treble which makes piano notes a bit uneven but only really noticeable if I am looking for it. The LCD-X definitely doesn't have the expansive soundstaging, layering, and air of the HD800...