Posts by SashimiWu

I'd recommend the Shure SRH840's.  Very neutral headphones with great detail.  I especially enjoyed the midrange (best part of the headphone in my opinion) though the bass impact could be lacking.  This may or may not be ideal for listening to electronica but I also listen to a lot of the genre and I felt the attack/decay of the bass was crisp and fit in with the music.  Definitely handles fast music very well but if you're looking for more bass impact, then look elsewhere.
Hey all, I just got my pair today and had the chance to try them on the subway. I would rate the isolation at 3.5/5 with a 5 being Etymotic IEM level of isolation. The isolation was definitely better than the M80's but I could hear the train announcers and conversations of those close to me though I couldn't always make out what they were saying. Keep in mind I also listen at fairly high volumes as well. Overall, they are very easy to drive on portable sources (my Sony...
Really glad for the first impressions Wleyraud!  It just so happens that mine are shipping this Thursday so I bought a Sansa Clip Zip today (with Amazon Prime) to couple with my incoming M-100's.  I also have laptop with a subpar sound card and I used to prefer listening to my music on my DAP but that changed when buying a FiiO E7 like others have mentioned in this thread.   I hope you could give us some more updates about the accessories once you're feeling up to it.
What is the retail on one of those again?  I really want one but I would have to get the phone and the Go-DAP-X meaning it would be a huge chunk out of wallet.  Life is hard .
Hey all,   I've been looking to make a better portable set up recently since my Clip+ broke on me and my current Sony Walkman doesn't have enough memory for me at the moment.  I was looking into what type of source gear would be good if I'm looking for a warm sound that goes well with energetic music.  I listen to a lot of genres of music such as rock, folk, jazz, hiphop, pop, etc, and I would really like something that offers a good sense of clarity.  My budget...
Don't worry. I'm sure that Val has tested the durability of the M100 to withstand at least 50 slashes from the blade of a legendary sword smith.
Hi there aristidesfl.   Though I have only had the A900x's for about 3-4 weeks, I think I can give you some feedback on that headphone since I have never had the chance to get a pair of AKG550's.  When wearing the A900x's in the summer it did get a bit hot but never anything unbearable.  I would list it as a slight bit of uncomfort on the scale of how intrusive they felt to me.  When comparing them to the SRH840's in comfort, the Audio Techinica's blow them out of...
No problem man.  I know you will be happy with your purchases since they are generally regarded very well here on head-fi.
Walking through New York City these past months for my internship I've actually had the chance to see some cool headphones.  I saw two people wearing AIAIAI TMA-1's in the same day which was pretty cool since one of them had the Fool's Gold edition.  I've also had the chance to see someone wearing a pair of SR60i's on the subway and a person wearing XB500/700's and rocking out like a boss on the streets of Brooklyn.
I'm just wondering why you want an amp.  If this is going to be your first "nice" set of headphones then I would suggest investing the money into a better headphone instead instead of splitting the money between an amp and a headphone.