or Connect

Posts by SashimiWu

I like these a lot too.  Have been using them more than my SE846 lately.  While the 846 has better technical ability, I still find the uber smooth sound of the R2Pro to be sublime.  Such great timbre/impact on the bass!  Something very very enjoyable about it over the typical BA-driver bass.   Definitely a great complement for when I want something a bit different on the go though sad to see them go since I will be sending them away to have the cable modded.
 In my experience, spinfits seem to put out less bass since they don't offer as much isolation as other types of tips.  I'm still struggling to find IEM tips that are exactly perfect for myself though I really enjoy the spinfits for comfort.  Maybe its time to go custom again? For those of you guys who still use these awesome things, what tips do you guys like best?  I have actually never used the comply foam before on any of my IEM's so maybe its something to try out?
Definitely interested in this and kind of cool to hear they sound similar to the SE846 which I currently have and love.  Would love to finally see a pair of portable headphones done really well.
Custom fit tips seem interesting.  I'm currently using spinfit tips which are great.  Don't really like the stock cable (or that awful heavy Y-splitter).  Looking to get them recabled maybe but need to find a reputable person to do it.
 I'm running them with the SE846 which seem to be very sensitive and there is no noticeable hiss at all.
 Think hes saying those sources hiss?  So using a portable amplifier with those units can improve sound quality (similar to how his desktop amplifier removes hiss). Had to read it a couple of times but I think thats the gist of it.
Hey all,   Relisting these babies again.  Reason for selling is an impulse purchase that I can't really afford right now so would like to get some money back.  Would like to save some cash by selling it outright or "trading down" to HD800.   Absolutely mint condition since they have less than 10 hours of them total.  Comes with original packaging and accessories.   Will only consider trades with HD800 and greatly prefer local trades in NYC.  All other offers will be...
Closed for now.  Decided to keep it.
 Hey Roti, For now I would like to keep it CONUS but would probably be OK with splitting shipping costs internationally. -Ed
 To be honest was a bit of an impulse purchase!  I like them a lot but debating right now whether or not to keep it.