Posts by davehutch

Spoke to someone at Logitech as I was hoping to buy them direct. They tell me they have been discontinued...is that correct?
Thanks so much for your suggestions and help everybody. Fingers crossed
OK a litle more info now. I contacted Westone and asked them where I could try some in the Uk and they were quick in their reply, albeit completely impersonal and automated: "Here is the distributors website in the UK."   Never mind... I looked at www.variphone.com and it list dealers in the UK as simply: UK The Earplug Company Ltd 34 Craigwell Lane, Aldwick PO 21 4 AN West Sussex Tel: +44 (0) 1243 837640 E-mail: peter.beavis@btopenworld.com   Doesn't...
This is all very useful info everybody. Thanks so far.
Actually, I may have that wrong. I tried the 530s but not the 535s. That might explain it. Someone at work has the 535s and I might bring in a spare pair of Shure olives so I can try them out I came across the review for the UE 900s and they certainly appeal, along with the Westone 4Rs What always perplexes me though is how on earth do you "try before you buy" with IEMs? As far as treble/sound staging I can only say I'm like detailed treble, but natural, not over...
Hi everyone, my big day approacheth and, as the strain relief rubber on my Klipsch X10s is starting to split, I thought I ought to start planning a replacement set as a treat to myself. I've tried Shure 535s and found them to be a bit too coloured and warm sounding for my liking. I love the X10 sound as it's extremely detailed and IMO, very neutral. It has enough bass for me, as I listen to a lot of acoustic jazz and I've always found the double bass to sound...
Does anybody else have this issue? I had a very extensive and helpful reply from NuForce but it pointed towards maybe a IRQ issue or perhaps not enough RAM etc. My MBP has 8GB of RAM and I had just finished rebuilding my Mac onto a brand new hard drive. I was only running iTunes when I reconnected the u-DAC. On a keyboard press, the output distorts and "warbles" badly for about 6 seconds then goes back to normal.   Currently, the only solution is to...
iTunes has a separate volume level to the main output level of the PC/Mac. Using Remote, you are changing the iTunes output level only
Griffin SmartTalk for iPhone - Apple Store (U.K.) Monster iSoniTalk Microphone Headphone Adapter for iPhone - Apple Store (U.K.)
I'm not complaining or expecting you to do anything for me, or even asking for suggestions as to what I should do, just posting a friendly word of advice to others who maybe would like to "research" this company before ordering from them. Take it or leave it I think maybe the label "Junior Head-Fi'er" is misleading. I'm 46 and have bought over the Internet before. Pixmania recently advertised them for £109 and a friend of mine bought them, no problem at all so...