Posts by Ultramus

I received the midwest pair today, not sure how this one got moved around but, i have it right now, sounds pretty good.
Don't know what to tell you there, I use a Furman pl8c power conditioner and it removed my ac line noise, but I had no dimmers.anywhere.
Also HiFi, it isn't necessarily that people don't agree with you on things, but honestly you claim that you hear differences with all cables, seemingly. I know from personal experience that I hear no difference between stock, DHC,.and the diy ones I've made with single conductor solid copper wire. And almost always you rate things according to their price point. It is hard to take your cable experiences as credible when you are so consistent. At some point you must have...
I currently have leather earpads on my he-500, but have been meaning to make some velour ones, just haven't gotten around to it. I like velour comfort, leather sound.
Of course the driver comprises the majority of the weight, but maybe we could reduce the other materials, maybe a lighter headband. I mean I really have no complaints about the weight or comfort really, I tolerate it. Just curious how much room to play is there, if the drivers are 90% of the equation not much we can do, but if they are only 60%, maybe we could shave off 100g or so, I would say that'd be stellar.
I really wonder how much we could reduce the weight of the he-500, without affecting the sound too much. I'm still going to wait on an he-6 successor or second hand before going to the 560, even though all the reviews are positive, at least not until a price drop. Really more curious how the 400i turns out.
I was initially going to say this but we are already losing too much precious helium that is better spent in research than balloons, I like to keep my ideas ecofriendly
Attach a pulley to the ceiling with a cable, put the he-500 on one end and a 500g weight on the other, now your headphones weigh virtually nothing!
Ooooo there is a SS amp from garage 1217, Polaris, I wonder if I could put 2 in one box and wire it to an XLR for balanced, hmm, probably would have to modify the inputs and everything else though, darn. Anyone heard it? Or can I find impressions somewhere?
Look dude, I've not seen you post in this thread much, and thus far you haven't mentioned anything about the he-500, go bash on an amp I don't own, made by a company of which I own no products, elsewhere.