Posts by Sonic Atrocity

http://www.head-fi.org/t/715194/neutrality-fidelity
This is what I wrote in the HD600 Appreciation Thread (and I'm currently interested in the HD600 since they are often referred to as being neutral):   When I think of "neutral" gear I don't think of gear that corrects for the dips and spikes caused by the very shape of my ear. After all, how my ears are shaped has determined how I hear throughout my entire life. Indeed, how I 'hear' a song will be different from how everyone on this planet 'hears' a song because of the...
Hmmm, yeah, could be ear wax or a hearing problem. I'm sorry to hear that.    When I was around your age I started getting issues with ear wax and didn't ever really realize it. Please see a doctor, bud. Let us know what your results are. I'm sure people around here will  more than willing to help you once you have your info. Lots of ways to make music listenable. :)
Thank you for your efforts at providing assistance to me here (I mean that sincerely :) ), but I don't think I'm being clear enough about my point.  When I think of "neutral" gear I don't think of gear that corrects for the dips and spikes caused by the very shape of my ear. After all, how my ears are shaped has determined how I hear throughout my entire life. Indeed, how I 'hear' a song will be different from how everyone on this planet 'hears' a song because of the...
Okay, umm, if you wouldn't mind, I'd like to parse this out.  Doesn't neutral just mean that the gear used does not alter the sound from what was intended in the studio and/or that no particular frequency is boosted? So, perhaps the frequency response curve is not flat but it is equal across the spectrum, ie: no frequencies are emphasized.  Otherwise, I could conceivably argue that the Beats are are neutral, no?  Please don't let me irritate you. I'm just trying to...
Interesting. Very interesting.  Yeah, I concur on the lack of bass claim. I find that it's not as much about a lack of bass in so far as the information and loudness of bass is there, but instead there's a lack of sub-bass. Indeed, that's a limitation of headphones, but listening to the Q701 really exemplified the phenomenon. I was even using a warm-ish amp, and they sounded terrible. Again, I can see how someone might use them as a measurement tool in the studio. They'd...
I would like to quibble with this statement here :P ;)  When I think of neutral I mean gear that is uncoloured. Gear that lets me hear what was intended to be heard. Anything other than that is coloured or changed in some way and as such is not neutral. Essentially, I seek fidelity. Now, I know that no headphone is actually flat because it would sound "wrong" (ie: not the way the studio intended it) by the time you perceive it. As such, drivers are tuned so that the...
See, I wish there wasn't an emphasis there. I really do prefer a neutral response. :/  What's more neutral than HD600?
Hmm, I am getting the ODAC+O2 combo so my source will always be the same. Either that or I'm misunderstanding you. :P 
Ahh, okay. I was thinking I'd pair it with the JDS Labs O2+ODAC (in the same enclosure). So, what you're saying is that if my amp and DAC aren't good then the HD600 will reveal it? I kind of like that. I want my headphones to reveal everything. ;)