Posts by jwong

I like them as well. The Gratitudes are what I'm keeping as my only pair of IEMs. I'm not a big metal guy, but I like a lot of the female-fronted symphonic stuff, like Within Temptation, Lacuna Coil, etc.
 I didn't have those all at the same time, but I'll give a few impressions. The Beyers are the outliers on that list, being very bright midrange-heavy headphones. Clear, detailed and fantastic for classical, but IMO not very good for a lot of other genres. They worked well for some rock songs too, but a lot of stuff sounded anemic through them. Definitely not an all-purpose headphone. The WS55X was the other end of the spectrum. Bassy, somewhat muddy. Even the bass seemed...
You know what I've discovered?? I've discovered I need to keep the heck away from this forum! I decided to make a list of the headphones I've bought in the last couple of months...   Kef M500 Beyerdynamic DT-660 Superlux HD-681 EVO Panasonic HT480C Koss DJ100 V-Moda M-80 AT WS55X AT ES700 JVC HA-S660 Pioneer HDJ1500 Monster Gratitude Brainwavz Delta AKG K545 Takstar HD5500 (in transit) UE6000 (delivering today)   I've probably forgotten something too....
Wow, that's an amazing deal. I've had mine for sale for a while because they don't have the crispness and detail I get from other headphones I own, but the sound is good and the comfort is outstanding. I wouldn't pay $100, but $30?? Terrific headphones for that price.
Crap. About the same as I paid for the 5500, except mine came with no stand and is taking weeks to get here instead of 2 days. 
I think immersion is a good word. I didn't mean to badmouth the M500, which are excellent headphones. They just didn't draw me in. I'm liking the K545 more and more here. I was just listening to some violin music and I'm not sure how to put it (being neither a bonafide audiophile nor a tonal wordsmith), but the same music I've heard before just grabbed me. The vibrancy of the tone just comes through so sweetly. It might be a bit of new gear infatuation, although honestly...
I just got my 545s and have been playing around with them. My first impression of the sound is very positive. I only have my Clip and an ELE DAC here at home to try them with (my O2 is at work). Through the clip they sound a tad dark, but really very good. They sound even better through the ELE, which is bright so I guess that makes sense.   I don't understand the guy who complained about no bass? I hear plenty of bass. In fact, IMO it's about perfect. Thumpier...
Good to hear, especially since the $80 special on the UE's is more attractive than the full price on the CAL2's. 
So, does more tamed mean you like the UE6000 better, or is the taming an improvement? I ask because I have the UE6000s coming tomorrow and I've been tempted by these too. :-)
 Chandler, AZ. Let them know to put a non-broken M4U out!   My K545 will be here tomorrow hopefully.