Posts by jwong

Nope, the UE6000 are back to $130 at TigerDirect where the deal was. I'm still trying to decide whether to keep mine or not, but I ordered the Amperior today, so that'll be here shortly too. Too many headphone deals are going to make me poor!
 Ya, they're $249 list, $199 with coupon through Razordog. I'm loving them actually. They are warmer and have more bass than the K550, but still have lots of clarity. Some who loved the earlier AKGs don't like the added bass, and they're still not bassy enough to appeal to bassheads, but I think they walk a great balance. So far they're my favorite of all the headphones I've owned. I just got the UE6000s too, which are very nice and I like them, but if I listen to them...
The pad couldn't be any smaller and be over ears. In fact, it's a bit too small for me.   Love the turquoise KFHph! That's what I've got.
In other news, my seller from China said my first package was rejected by China Post and he has sent another weeks later... sigh.
The TH-02 are available via Amazon Gold Box for $19.99 for the next 3-1/2 hours or so...
Since everything good is sold out, the point is kind of moot anyway.
I've never been to a meet, but I might be able to come in the morning and bring my AKG K545s at least. I'll probably be returning my UE6000's before then.   Of course, my wife will think I'm even weirder then. She already thought I was weird for meeting up with guitar forum people I met on the internet.
 I am aware. But just the fact that the company would sell something so crappy (not only not the "best", but far inferior to other makers' similarly-priced non-carbon driver phones) causes me to question any JVC purchases.
 Only if you're weighing price very heavily in the equation! I thought the ES700 were a step up from the S500, which I prefer to the S400. However, if you're talking bang for the buck, there's no contest.
The JVC S660 was so poor (IMO), that I wouldn't be willing to chance the 680 until there are a multitude of positive comments about it.