Posts by jwong

It would be interesting to see how these compare to the IM70's.
I really don't think there's strong correlation between cost and sound quality when you get over $200. The B&W P7 are $400, and I definitely prefer the K545 to them.
I wonder if the IM50 or IM70 are a big step up from the Gratitudes. That would be the only real reason for me to order a set.
 Interesting. I have some credit that's going to expire in a week at CDJ, and I'm tempted to order one of these, or even the IM70. I'm a little wary based on the highs being too laid back on the IM50. How do you think they do with female vocals? Or is it just too early to tell? With the S500 I'm more wary based on comfort, since the ES700's didn't work for me at all.
This is just a measurement with a ruler, but looks to be roughly 2-3/16" (56mm) on the inside. They're laying right here on my desk because they were a tad too small for my ears!
I sold my S500 a while ago, but they were my most used headphones for a long time. I didn't find the trebles too harsh, but they weren't very comfortable and the soundstage was very small.   Going off memory I'd say the HD5500 are better in those respects, comfort and soundstage (which still isn't huge, being a closed can, but better), but I'm not sure they have quite as much detail. Maybe that's the missing extra treble that you didn't like on the S500. It's hard to be...
Ya, especially at $64.50 these are a bargain. They don't displace my current favorite AKG K545, but I think they will make a nice alternate set for when I want more thump.
Well, my 5500 came. I'm slightly annoyed that it took soooo long, and they are a good bit cheaper with faster shipping now from mp4nation, but them's the breaks.   The headphones themselves are very nice. They remind a little of the UE6000, except with better clarity and improved treble. I like them more than the Logitechs for sure. I paid roughly the same for both (got the UE6000 on the $70 deal).
Tinny and screechy seem completely off from my impressions of these headphones. I don't get a hint of that even. They don't isolate quite as well as some that have more clamp, but if they had more clamp I wouldn't find them as comfortable as I do!
That's cool for people who didn't get in before, and also cool for those who want more units, but it kind of dings those of us who had the faith to put in cash earlier. Not that I'm greatly upset or anything, but just saying...