Posts by jwong

It will cost me about $8 to send it via Priority Mail Regional Rate. There's no wear on the pads, stock or Brainwavz. I've only had the headphones about a month, but my wife complains about the sound leakage so I'm sticking with closed phones for now.
 I don't mind shipping to the UK if you'll either pay for a delivery method that provides proof of delivery, or pay via Paypal gift and have it shipped however you like.
Great headphones, almost new. Comes in original box.   $190 shipped (CONUS) with the original pads.   The Brainwavz pads are pictured, but the headphones will come with the standard Hifiman pads, which have been used for only a few minutes.
So many options in here... it seems there's an abundance of bargain earphones of quality these days. The T2, 4in1, HI905 all sound promising.   Anyone want to advise me if my priorities are wide soundstage, tight bass, and ergonomics (something that is comfortable and stays in the ear)?
Yep, no wall wart included (or extra cable). I've yet to attach anything to the power connector because I'm running it through a powered USB hub and it seems to have plenty of juice from the connection.
 I have no higher end gear to compare it to, so I can't say if those would be better options. But I don't notice any distortion and it seems plenty powerful. I don't think I'd ever put it over 30% volume or so. 
I wouldn't normally post, but just to add another data point, my Fulla2 has no noise when turning the knob. I've been using it with my new HE400i with no problems for a few days now.
The Griffin WoodTones were posted earlier for $17 and change. I was tempted just for kicks, even though there are numerous reports of them breaking easily. They've dropped down to $14.47 now.   https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00DWGHTQM
I just got my 400is yesterday and don't find them bright at all. It's a very thick warm sound to me. Then again, my brain is probably still adjusting to its first planar hit.
I suppose that is the bottom line, isn't it?   I got an open box for a great deal, so I'm not worried about that. It's returnable anyway. My worry was more if I'm missing some HE400i greatness and unaware.    I'm not a high budget guy in any case. I've been using a K545 for my main listening, but now I'm working from home and can enjoy an open headphone so I picked up this and a little Fulla2 to try to upgrade things.