Posts by jwong

With the fakes going around, I'd worry. Some of them have the right pictures, but who knows. If someone finds one of those ones that sell for $12-ish shipped is legit, post it. I'd buy a second pair!
My only reason for thinking that is a possibility is the initial tracking number never showed anything, like the origin scan or even being a valid number. It was that way for weeks. Sure, they could have stopped the package at the very start and not returned it to the vendor for weeks, but it seems odd. Still, I have no idea how things are done with shipping in China so I can't say for sure. I do know the second package, that was clearly marked as headphones, came through...
My first shipment of HD5500 supposedly got turned away by China customs. That may have just been a stalling story from the seller though. The second pair got through fine (but slowly).
Cheapest I see for actual Sony hybrid tips is $7.99 shipped from either B&H or Adorama. Funny that two camera vendors have the best price. I used to have some knockoffs, but I suppose I'll buy a set of the actual deal and see how they work on my Pistons.
 The Sony hybrid tips fit? It seems like the nozzle is bigger on the Pistons. Are these actual Sony tips or the knockoffs?
The HM5 pads fit, the Shure do not because the lip to attach to the headphones is not wide enough. You could rig something up to make them fit, but they won't stay on as is. I don't know about the Alpha pads... someone should try it out!
I have a set of Monster Gratitude earphones that I've used lightly. Only one set of the tips has ever even been put on the earphones (the smallest tri-flange). I stick to headphones most of the time, and as a very infrequent user of IEMs I've decided I can do without these.   These are great sounding headphones and a steal at the clearance price, as has been reported many times on this forum. Save a few more bucks and buy them from me!   $42 shipped and Paypalled in...
The 2050 were useless for me because of their open nature. The sound was good, but everyone around could hear what I was listening to clearly.   I really like the HD5500, though they're clearly skewed for those who like a lot of bass. I keep telling myself I have plenty of headphones, but I'm tempted to try the Pro 80's as well...
$50 with $21 shipping is what I saw...
If you're in the US you can do a lot better than $71 shipped by getting the Gemini HSR-1000 version for $50-55 shipped from ebay or amazon.