Posts by jwong

I backed this project in 2013 when a lot of the specs weren't set yet. My problem is 99% of my headphone listening is at work, which is what I wanted the Pulse for. Unfortunately it requires a driver to be loaded to work in Windows, which is not allowed on my work PCs by our security policy.   This is the vanilla Geek Pulse, MSRP $999, with the wall wart power supply and LightSpeed Jr cable. Selling for $375, Paypal fees and shipping included within the CONUS.
 ASRock H87 Fatal1ty. I didn't use the bundled cable actually, I used one I had from Monoprice that looked better. I didn't actually take any time to A/B it with the included cable to see if it made a difference.
I've been playing with my new E10K today. The biggest difference from my higher-end motherboard sound is that it's considerably quieter. That was instantly noticeable.   It provides a lot more juice too, but with the AKG K545s I'm listening to right now that's not needed. The sound is more defined and the bass boost actually works well, but it's not night-and-day other than the quiet background. For the very reasonable cost ($62 with the headphone.com new year sale,...
I backed this project in 2013 when a lot of the specs weren't set yet. My problem is 99% of my headphone listening is at work, which is what I wanted the Pulse for. Unfortunately it requires a driver to be loaded to work in Windows, which is not allowed on my work PCs by our security policy.   This is the vanilla Geek Pulse, MSRP $999, with the wall wart power supply and LightSpeed Jr cable. Selling for $375, Paypal fees and shipping included within the CONUS.
 I wouldn't worry about it. I backed a month before you and was told I would be in the third batch, whatever that means. No sign of anything happening soon...
I've been using the HM5 pads (regular) for about a year now. They work great. The Shure 840 pads I had didn't fit -- wouldn't stay on. I'm curious about the thicker HM5 pads and the velour ones too, but the regular ones are plenty comfortable to me on the K545.
 Ah, greetings fellow holdout! I must admit I got pretty tempted a few times along the way as well.
 I certainly hope that is the case! The post on the forum about still needing a screw and a sticker makes me wonder...
Am I the only one who just wants my plain vanilla Pulse? You know, the original idea of a good quality DAC and headphone amp for a reasonable price?   It's now been over a year since I put up my cash, and I'm hoping they'll actually ship soon. I'll leave the fancy $2K tube models to those of fatter pocketbooks and more rarified ears....
I'm going to try to make it. I don't have a ton to bring, but can bring my AKG K545's, Takstar HD 5500's, and there's the slightest possibility my Geek Pulse might ship by then. Okay, that's wishful thinking for sure, but I was very near the beginning of the queue and ordered a vanilla Pulse, so who knows.