Posts by Negakinu

Please take into consideration that if the new organisers want to use my parent's location (the one that was used last time) they have to make sure it isn't booked. It's normally an art gallery with monthly exhibitions. You can only book a date when you have things planned according to their agenda.    I suggest you first communicate regarding the specific availability, then post a potential date here in the forum and see if people are available at that date. If enough...
 Hahaha no! I meant it honestly, I really invite anyone willing and motivated to step up and take over. If people want this to happen quickly we need a new organiser at this point. :) 
I'm swamped with commissions at the moment and unable to invest any time in this before the summer. Combining my own company with the birth of my son is proving quite challenging. If people can wait for me to finish up my current work, that's great. If you'd like to see things sped up, I invite anyone to take over from me to get things moving. PM me for details.    Updated opening post. 
Logistics and general preparations are underway. Will update with a few possible dates for people to vote on. 
 Does the static disappear when you hold your laptop with your hands? If so, then you have a grounding problem. This sounds more like a soft hum though, not exactely like static.I use a ODAC/Objective2 rig and experience no hiss with the GR07, using JRiver Media Center/WASAPI and 320kbps files. My Sansa Zip/Headstage Arrow portable rig gave me a hiss-free experience as well. It's quite possible that some people are more sensitive to hiss though. It's hard for other people...
 No worries. My opinion is just that; an opinion. :) It doesn't matter really if burn-in is real or not. If burn-in increases your listening pleasure, placebo or not, than for all means, burn everything in 'til your heart's content. :)  For the record, burn-in in general does exist. For example in large woofers found in speakers. Due to the size and rigidity of woofers, their characteristics can change a bit over time. Headphone woofers and drivers are just too small to be...
 Evidence apart from my experiences over the years, owning multiple dozens of IEMs, headphones and related audio equipment? Sure. IF you look around, there have been numerous studies regarding this subject. I won't try to convert you though, esoterics have been part of audiophilia for years. I just feel there needs to be an opposition every time someone says "Don't sell them if you don't like them, just burn them in for 300 hours and you will magically like them!" If you...
 Burn-in is a myth. I didn't notice any difference with my GR07 after 100 hours. It's one of those stubborn pseudo-sciences that has roamed Head-Fi for years. 
Reserved.