Posts by Katun

I'm selling these brand new, never opened AD500X.   I was able to compare my friends AD500X to my AD700, and I like the comfort of my super stretched AD700 better. Thus, I figured it's best to not even open the AD500X. They sound similar to the AD700 but with a more prominent lower end and less fatiguing highs. They're more balanced overall, but again, I still prefer my AD700.   $65 via PayPal add 3% or gift. Free Priority Shipping. Thanks for looking.
The SRH1540 is really throwing me off. I'm not used to having a midrange this forward when proportioned to it's heavy bass.   It's a basshead headphone done right.
Okay, a bit more comparisons here.   First, I put velours on both headphones, followed by alcantara on both.   Here's a rundown: (velour, alcantara)   Comfort: SRH1840 = SRH1840 > SRH1540 >> SRH1540 Fit: SRH1840 = SRH1840 >> SRH1540 >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>SRH1540 Sound: SRH1840 > SRH1540 > SRH1540 >>> SRH1840     Couple observations:   SRH1840 simply fits better and is also more comfortable. The SRH1540 does indeed have a different shape and it creates an awkward...
Got 'em!    SRH1540 barely fits my head at full extension. Very awkward to fit. Not so sure about this bass.    SRH1840 is easier to fit and is more comfortable. Sounds much, much better so far. Really enjoying the sound.   EDIT:   Did some more testing but started to pads swap. OMG! It's the pads that create their different sounds!   SRH1540 with velours sound SO much better than with alcantara. Sounds almost like the SRH1840 stock. Although, they are even...
I've got my pair coming in on Tuesday along with the SRH1840. I'll drop in and post some impressions once I get them.
Also to note, a lot of the SQ comes with the quality of the mastering.
 It's okay. I was wondering the same thing considering they're $199 new at buydig. http://www.buydig.com/shop/product.aspx?sku=ATATHAD900
Up for sale is my Alessandro MS1i. I've also got optional pairs of Ear Zonk "G Cush" and "L Cush".    I bought these new about a month ago. I've used them for maybe 5 hours, but ultimately decided I need more comfort. They are in excellent condition as they sat on my desk most of the time. I compared all 3 pads against each other and I thought the L Cush sounded really fantastic and were my favorite pairing. G Cush was the most comfortable and the stock S Cush had a...
This is kind of a weird headphone for me. While it has a nice balance to the sound, I don't like how it has a sort of icy tone to it. Not to mention, the bass is unlike anything I've heard before. With most bass oriented headphones, it feels as though the entire range of low frequency has been bumped. With the HP100, it feels as though there is a very narrow bass spike. I find it fatiguing with most music I listen to, although, in itself it's got quite nice extension. I...
Any specific comparisons to the RE400?    I really like the RE400, but actually like my cheaper PL50 better.    And forgot to mention, really awesome post!