Posts by Katun

You write some of the best comparison reviews I've ever read.    And I really love the side-by-side pictures. Wonderful work! 
I've owned over 180 headphones/iems in the past few years (including the F1) and I've since got rid of everything except a few loyal budget pairs. I've been away from Head-Fi entirely for a few months, and haven't bought a single headphone in the longest time (which is a shock). If I were to ever get back into the hobby, or if I could only purchase one pair out of all the ones I've had in the past, it would be the MA900 without question. I'm still teetering on the fence...
Couple items up for sale.   TDK BA200 - 2nd owner. This is the V2 model with shorter cable. Only used a few hours. Everything still included. Original owner's ad.   Sony XB700 - 1st owner. Had them for a few years, but only put a few hours on them. Excellent condition. Carrying bag included.   Focal XS Speakers - 1st owner. About a year old. Around 10 hours on them. Like new condition. Everything included (cables, box, etc)   Headroom Airhead - 1st owner. Bought...
Had these for almost a week now and I easily find these as my favorite sounding closed headphones.   I prefer them to: Mad Dogs, Momentum, SRH1540, Z1000, HP100, K550, D2000, M50X... just to name a few.   Unfortunately, I don't like the headband or the clamping pressure, so I can't keep these awesome cans.
 I'll have to disagree.  Another member posted this awhile back and I completely agree with him.  I also found the MA900 a tad more comfortable than the F1. Slightly better ergonomics, but the F1 had better materials.
I'm selling these brand new, never opened AD500X.   I was able to compare my friends AD500X to my AD700, and I like the comfort of my super stretched AD700 better. Thus, I figured it's best to not even open the AD500X. They sound similar to the AD700 but with a more prominent lower end and less fatiguing highs. They're more balanced overall, but again, I still prefer my AD700.   $65 via PayPal add 3% or gift. Free Priority Shipping. Thanks for looking.
The SRH1540 is really throwing me off. I'm not used to having a midrange this forward when proportioned to it's heavy bass.   It's a basshead headphone done right.
Okay, a bit more comparisons here.   First, I put velours on both headphones, followed by alcantara on both.   Here's a rundown: (velour, alcantara)   Comfort: SRH1840 = SRH1840 > SRH1540 >> SRH1540 Fit: SRH1840 = SRH1840 >> SRH1540 >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>SRH1540 Sound: SRH1840 > SRH1540 > SRH1540 >>> SRH1840     Couple observations:   SRH1840 simply fits better and is also more comfortable. The SRH1540 does indeed have a different shape and it creates an awkward...
Got 'em!    SRH1540 barely fits my head at full extension. Very awkward to fit. Not so sure about this bass.    SRH1840 is easier to fit and is more comfortable. Sounds much, much better so far. Really enjoying the sound.   EDIT:   Did some more testing but started to pads swap. OMG! It's the pads that create their different sounds!   SRH1540 with velours sound SO much better than with alcantara. Sounds almost like the SRH1840 stock. Although, they are even...
I've got my pair coming in on Tuesday along with the SRH1840. I'll drop in and post some impressions once I get them.