Posts by chronostorm

I've tried it with my Beyerdynamic DT880s 600 Ohm, but I get some crackling. The jack is a bit loose, unfortunately. If I jiggle it around, the crackling gets worse.   The headphone jack is plenty loud though. On 25%, it's already feeling pretty loud on the dt880, so plenty of power there.
Hey guys, not sure where to put this, so I put it in here. If this is the wrong place, please let me know!   Anyways, I found an old JVC RX-401 receiver in my house. I don't know too much about it, but I do know that it was purchased in the second half of the 80s. Perhaps '87 or '88. I tried looking online for some information, but I haven't been able to find anything. I also know that it's paired with an XL-V211 CD player.   I don't know if this is a good unit...
what kind of music do you listen to?
I have a mint condition pair of Westone 4 earphones I'd like to sell.I've only used them about a dozen hours or so.   I have the earbuds, the case, and 6 pairs of rubber tips and 4 pairs of foam tips. I only used one pair of the foam tips and they'll be cleaned before I ship these out!    These are the version WITHOUT a removable cable, to make sure it's clear :)   Pictures will come soon, but there won't be too much special about the pictures. Just a pair of...
I have the box, but not the adapter. I live in SE Michigan
unfortunately, those are a bit over my budget :(
I just got these in a trade a bit ago, but after a few days of intense listening, I'm not sure I like the Grado sound that much.   I want to see if anyone would like to do a trade or buy these. My Grados are in good condition, with only minor nicks on the plastic parts and some of the gold lettering rubbed off, as is pretty typical with any used Grados. It should be an easy fix though, if you know what you're doing :) I'll be including the box as well.   I'm...
well, if you have a nice quarter inch plug, that'll be a lot stronger than a mini-jack connector :)   you could look into re-terminating the cable instead of switching out the whole cable again, if you want to only spend about $5
Hey guys, I'm considering re-terminating some of my portable headphones, since their stock plastics are starting to wear down a bit.   Looking through the Ultimate DIY 3.5mm jack thread, it seems that almost all of them there are pretty big. Does anyone know of some smaller ones that would be more in line with sizing of the stock ones on most portable headphones? That would make it much easier to use on my Sansa clip+ since it won't stick out further than the mp3...
Up for sale is a pair of AKG K701s. They are New, but without the shrink wrap covering the box. The headphones have never been used, so they need to be broken in still (both drivers and pads). If there's interest, I'll post some pictures, but the item is brand new, so there's not much of a need to :P   I'm hoping to get $215 + shipping and fees for this. I might be interested in some closed headphones if someone's interested in doing a trade.   Please PM me if...