Posts by FidelityFreak

Hi all   Yes I'm still alive :)  Well I've been testing Sennheiser headphones for a while.  When I read about the IE800's coming out, I thought I better as if its possible to give them a spin.  My wish was granted.  They sent me a brand new pair of IE800's factory sealed for me to give a spin.  Here in Australia these sell for $1,199 (non RRP), Made in Germany (not China) and they sound amazing.  I use them with a FiiO E17 Amp - no EQ at all, etc.  The soundstage is...
Hi all   I wanted to add to this Armature vs Dynamic debate.  Luckily I have had the opportunity to test 3 of Sony's XBA Single Armature earphones for review purposes.  Now, bear in mind I now have a new pair of Sennheiser IE80's (warranty replacement for the IE8's I previously had).  I have done a range of testing between the Sony BA's and the Sennheiser IE80's dynamic headphones with a range of music from orchestral, trance, pop, rock, movie soundtracks, and I have...
Hi all   Yes its Fidelity Freak, still alive and kicking.  Well, my Sennheiser IE8's were kicking along well till I decided to replace the silicon tips.  When I removed the left one, the whole sound shaft (the part with the mesh on top) detached from the body just by removing the silicon tip.  Odd indeed.  Only had these for 11 months, so sent these back to the seller (Sennheiser Authorised Dealer), and have been told that I will instead be sent the new Sennheiser...
Hello all   Yes I am still alive and kicking, been a while since I have been here, but I wanted to update you all on my Sennheiser IE8's.  About a week ago, I decided to replaced the silicon earpieces with brand new Senneheiser official ones, I removed the silicon earpiece off the left hand side and was shocked to see the actual shaft which holds the metal mesh actually disconnected from the body of the IE8 earphones.  Now, I have only had these for 11 months, and I...
Hi all Well im still alive and the Sennheiser IE8's are still screaming along and their audio has balanced out and performing perfectly. I have the bass setting on 2. Also, due to my persuasive words of wisdom I was able to get a pair of Jays q-Jays (http://www.jays.se/products/earphones/q-jays.html) provided free of charge (top of the range) earphones for a review, below is their specs as a comparison to the IE8's:- NOTE: The Jays have no removable cables unlike the...
As for pricing, even Amazon.com in the US are charging US$ 399 plus delivery, and they wont ship to Australia where I live.  I then had no option but to get the best possible price from an Australian Senneheiser Reseller, so I paid AU$ 471, and these retail for AU$ 599.  I wasnt going to take a chance with Ebay and getting something fake or faulty.  
Hi Natasha, well been giving these IE8's a spin with the bass setting on the first notch only, and the sound on these is amazing even out of the box, and I'm listening to a variety of music including The Dark Knight soundtrack, Jennifer Lopez, Usher, etc.  Keep in mind I'v gone from IE7's to IE8's, not from el-cheapo Apple to IE8's, so Im use to most of the audio.  The clarity and bass on these is so good its hard to describe and I've made sure all my audio is 320kbps,...
Hi all   Just a quick reply before I head off to work, my IE8's arrived so will give them a spin with my iPod with the same tips I used with the IE7's and the Bass level is set to the first notch out of the packet.
Considering the IE8's sell for AU $599 RRP (including GST - 10%), thats about the best you will get with price and these are from a Genuine Sennheiser Reseller (I emailed Sennheiser to check the company beforehand).  There are cheaper options online, but with so make fakes floating around I wasnt willing to change a chance.    
  Hi Ian   The problem is I have heard conflicting stories, some sites say "burn-in" is merely just a theory and not required, while others say its recommended, yet for some odd reason Sennheiser themselves make no mention of this to get the best out of these high end IEM's - seems odd to me.  I use the current gen iPod touch, no equaliser and my music is MP3 320kpbs.  My IE8's will arrive on Monday from a genuine Sennheiser Reseller (checked beforehand), and set me back...