or Connect

Posts by Sprkd1

Thanks for the replies! Any recommendations for wall-mounted shelves or speaker mounts for the LSR305? I was recommended this on the Gearslutz forum but I am not sure because it will only give me about 2 inches of space behind the port vs. the recommended 5-6 inches.   http://www.amazon.com/VideoSecu-Clamping-Mounting-Surrounding-MS56B/dp/B000X9O8SI/ref=sr_1_18?ie=UTF8&qid=1435040343&sr=8-18&keywords=surround+speakers+wall+mount
Thanks.Two more questions...1. Will I have to make sure the tweeter of the LSR305 is at ear-height or at least close to ear-height? I've read that these monitors have a very narrow vertical dispersion.2. Will there be any issues by having a software-based volume control for the LSR305 + LSR310S combo? I'm talking about Window's own volume control that I can increase and decrease with my keyboard. Would pumping up the Windows-based volume control to max send an...
Well I went ahead and placed my order for 2 x LSR305 + 1 x LSR310S for my new PC audio setup. They will be replacing my current Corsair SP2500 speakers. Hopefully it will be positive improvement in sound quality and maximum SPL.   However...   When used with the LSR310S subwoofer, will the LSR308 offer anything better in terms of sound quality over the LSR305? I've read that some actually prefer the LSR305's sound over the LSR308's? Is this true? Lastly, when...
But the subwoofer in my actual/main home theater only has XLR input while my A/V receiver only has a RCA output for the subwoofer channel. I use a RCA to RCA cable with an XLR adapter cable at the subwoofer end and it works fine?
Another question just came up... Instead of connecting the Titanium HD to the LSR310S with RCA to 1/4" mono plug cables, can I use RCA to XLR cables instead from the Titanium HD to the LSR310S? Or will it not make any difference?
So the LSR305 + LSR310S combo will provide better sound quality and higher output/SPL than the SP2500 in the same conditions, correct?
I think that even with the LSR305 placed right against the back wall, they are already going to be aligned with my monitor. If need extra room behind the speakers, they are going to be in front of the monitor. I really think they are going to look and be physically "overpowering" next to my small desk. Can't get a bigger desk because my room is small and there is no more space. My room is small. About 10 x 10 feet or 11 x 11 feet. I don't need room-filling bass because the...
Thanks for the reply.The Titanium HD is used many for gaming (FPS) with a bit of movies and music.Secondly, I might have to re-think this purchase because my computer desk it small and won't fit the LSR305s with the monitor on the desk. I'll have to place them on shelves (installed on the wall) on both sides of the computer desk. How much space do the monitors need behind the port for it to work properly? Plus, the LSR305s are also quite deep physically so they might look...
I currently have a Titanium HD and Corsair SP2500 speakers with my desktop PC. I am thinking of replacing the SP2500 speakers with 2 x LSR305 + 1 x LSR310S for a 2.1 setup. My question is how will I connect the speakers and subwoofer to my Titanium HD sound card that only has left and right RCA outputs and no subwoofer output? Is it even possible to directly connect the speakers and subwoofer to my sound card or will I need a preamp in between the chain?   Lastly, for...
 Posted this in the Z5 thread: You sure the Titanium HD will power them sufficiently? I currently own the XBA-3 IEMs and they are recognized as "easy to drive". However, if I connect them to the front-panel headphone jack on my desktop computer's case (which is connected to the Titanium HD and I don't think it matters if I connect them to the front panel audio jack on the case or directly to the Titanium HD because the Titanium HD does not have built-in amps), the sound is...