Posts by Sprkd1

Posted this in the Z5 thread: You sure the Titanium HD will power them sufficiently? I currently own the XBA-3 IEMs and they are recognized as "easy to drive". However, if I connect them to the front-panel headphone jack on my desktop computer's case (which is connected to the Titanium HD and I don't think it matters if I connect them to the front panel audio jack on the case or directly to the Titanium HD because the Titanium HD does not have built-in amps), the sound is...
 You sure the Titanium HD will power them sufficiently? I currently own the XBA-3 IEMs and they are recognized as "easy to drive". However, if I connect them to the front-panel headphone jack on my desktop computer's case (which is connected to the Titanium HD and I don't think it matters if I connect them to the front panel audio jack on the case or directly to the Titanium HD because the Titanium HD does not have built-in amps), the sound is quite flat (meaning as if...
Also posted this in the Z5 thread...   I currently have a Titanium HD in my desktop computer. Could I power the Z5 or Z7 without an amp with the Titanium HD? Thinking of using one or the other for PC gaming. Will the Z7 have a better sound stage than the Z5 when it comes to PC gaming?   Lastly, is it possible to connect the PHA-3 to my Titanium HD? If yes, how?
I currently have a Titanium HD in my desktop computer. Could I power the Z5 or Z7 without an amp with the Titanium HD? Thinking of using one or the other for PC gaming. Will the Z7 have a better sound stage than the Z5 when it comes to PC gaming?   Lastly, is it possible to connect the PHA-3 to my Titanium HD? If yes, how?
Is the Sony NWZ-A17SLV + Sony XBA-Z5 a good combo even without an amp? My main goal is excellent sound quality for music. Is the NWZ-A17SLV easy to use?   I currently have the iPod touch 5th generation (un-amp'd) + Sony XBA-3. Can I get rid of this for the above mentioned combo?
I'll be keeping an eye on this. 
Okay, I am thinking Sony MDR-7520 + Schiit Asgard 2 connected to my Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium HD. I know the Asgard 2 might be overkill for the MDR-7520 but I really like the fact that it has RCA inputs and outputs (I'll be able to connect my powered speakers to the RCA outputs on the Asgard 2). By the way, would there be any loss in sound quality for the speakers by having the Asgard 2 in the way?   Lastly, if I were to leave my speakers connected directly to...
Just noticed that the Asgard 2 has RCA pre-outs. Does this mean I can connect my Titanium HD's RCA outs to the Asgard 2's RCA ins and the Asgard 2's RCA pre-outs to my powered speakers? Would there be any quality loss for the speakers by having the Asgard 2 in the middle of the pathway?
I asked what amp I should get for the MDR-7520 + Titanium HD and was recommended the Schiit Magni. When asked if I should spring for the more expensive Vali or Asgard 2, the user was not sure if it would be beneficial because the MDR-7520 are a 24-ohm load.   So, should I get the Magni or spend more on the Vali or Asgard 2? Would more expensive amps be even worth it consider these are only 24-ohm...
 Thanks. Would there be any difference between plugging into the headphone jack at the back of the Titanium HD vs. plugging into the front panel headphone jack on the case (which is connected to the Titanium HD)?