Posts by AppleheadMay

Next AT Woodie ... I'm drooling with you! On a more serious note:Anybody have recommendations on a separate Japanese Dac and Amp for the TH-900 and other closed, sensitive, low-impedance cans other than the Luxman offerings?And what about a tube amp, anything better with the TH-900 other than the ZDSE with absolutely no background noise? Yep, I've been reading the forums 'till I had a headache the past few weeks. The more I read the less options remain and the more...
  Clear explanation, thanks for this. Will be looking out for reviews of this Dac.
Replied, thank you.
Fully agree with your view on the D600/D7100 vs P7 as well as the fact they shouldn't be compared with a TH-900. But I do understand people wanting to compare them. First of all the D7100 is Denon's successor to the Fostex/Denon D7000, while the TH-900 is Fostex successor to the same phone. Second, comparing by price is tricky. In Europe, the price at official dealers for a D-7100 was 1249 Euro ($200 more than the price you mention for the TH-900) while they can be...
Yep, same opinion here. The TH-900 are better indeed.
 I agree completely but am confused because you are saying the same thing twice.
 They can't compete with them.I like the D7100 though and really don't understand all the D7100 bashing in some threads and reviews.For example, they beat the B&W P7 with ease, which is as it should be considering the price difference. Still, that doesn't explain why there isn't much P7 bashing.Just don't A/B them with a TH-900, they're no match. The best way for me to describe it is that when compared directly with a TH-900 they sound distant.Oh, and they're just about...
The D600 pads are probably the same as the D7100 pads. Contact your local distributor, they can get them. I ordered two extra pairs and an extra cable for my D7100 that way. Mind you, Denon parts don't come cheap though! The Lawton pads won't fit, they're for the D2000/5000/7000 and TH-900 models, meaning round. Your D600 like the D7100 has oval(ish) pads.
Been using BP for years as well and I can hear no difference with more expensive options. IMO this piece of software is way underpriced for how good it performs and seamlessly interoperates with iTunes, which is exactly what I wanted. Recently bought DSD Master as well. Phenomenal how it makes a file that can be imported into iTunes, played back through your Dac as a DSD file as well as a ALAC file when not going through the Dac. One thing I wish for in Bitperfect that...
I wonder, what cans would be closest to the TH-900 but with more forward mids? Only the L3000 I suppose? Or maybe the R-10 as well, never heard that one though.