Posts by AppleheadMay

By the way, my dream car ... Beats any Porsche, Ferriari or whatever looks wise.Just a shame it costs a fortune on taxes to drive anything wit a lot of cubic inches here.  
 Trade for that Challenger Hemi?  
    To put it in your words: Th Th-900 is that elusive girl in school I had and kept And the HD-650 Is the rockster that always made me wonder ... HP speaking I have em both now, just need to givre the HD+650 a silver necklace still, though I dont' believe in necklaces.HD-650 with the necklace is the next best thing to an L3000 when it comes to hardrock. My TH-900 does it all, just like a lady should.  ;)At least when funded with th right amp.  ;)
Guess I'll be waiting for a true ToTL Sony, no matter the cost. one that should be driven by top desktop amps.
 Thanks for this link!An enjouable read while I wait for mine to arrive.
22 steps and I never go above 9 with the TH-900, and that's damn loud. With the HD-650 I can go higher but don't remember how much. Although the amp is a magnificent match sonically for the TH-900, due to it's power I think it would be ideal for difficult to drive cans like orthos, AKGs and a HD800 for example.
 I'm far from an expeert on the matter but I prefer stepped volume controls. There's a discussion going on about them now in the JP Bakoon thread.
  As I understood it the metal film one isn't stepped. I don't have problems with the low setting due to it being stepped. You could look at it otherwise as well: at low settings non-stepped volume controls can give channel imbalance ... Generally stepped volume controls are more expensive and don't have channel imbalance.Some people prefer stepped, others variable volume controls.
The variable one is indeed the standard volume control, on both the Satri UL and Satri EX versions of the map.   It's like that; First choose with Satri boards you want: EX (standard) or UL (at upgrade cost). Then choose the volume control you want: variable (standard), metal film or winging (both at upgrade costs).   So that makes for 6 possible versions of the amp.
 Do you have an idea what the WW abbreviation stands for? WW is the label on the back of the amp but on the site he calls it WR and refers to it as winging resistance. Probably a typo. I must say the manual is very liberally translated from japanese as well.  ;) The label WW does indicate the volume pot. There's another label called UL indicating the version of the Satri boards.