Posts by PolloLoco

I wanted to reiterate ClieOS' comment about build quality on the SonoCore Cindy iem's.  They're the only earphones I've ever had fail on me - even though I babied them.  They never strayed from my desk at work, and yet within a few months, sound out of the left ear became noticeably quieter.  By 6 months, the left ear had become a whisper in comparison to the right.  I e-mailed the seller about warranty replacement, and never got a reply.   Besides that - the sound...
Hmmm, that's really odd?  I heard a lot of sibilance without burnin - and while admittedly there's very little now, I can still detect it.  I admit though - that I'm playing test tracks I've known for being prone to sibilance however.  The following are a couple where I feel I hear it:   Loreena McKennitt The Mask and the Mirror - The Dark Night of the Soul - very very minor sibilance now, T's and S's have a bit of emphasis. Songs For Winter Gardens - God Rest Ye...
Yeah - I was talking about the 805 too.   As for dweaver, it was a pleasant surprise to hear you mention Loreena McKennit as well.  I figured most forum members would have no clue who I was talking about - but I find a lot of her songs are good to determine treble quality, because if an iem isn't well controlled - sibilance can get out of hand.   These were the 2nd biggest examples of burnin I'd ever heard - the sound changed A LOT from when I started listening.  I'm...
If you read Joker's review of the Munitio's - you can tell he was trying to be polite.  Other audiophile revieweres were less so polite, calling them downright terrible with overwhelming muddy bass.  The description most commonly heard was reproducing a car stereo sound as an iem.   Also - be careful, as it was pretty common to see low post Munitio "reviewers" providing "sale" links with an attached referral.  Shady advertising at best.
No worries - I hope you'll end up liking them more than I do.  After more head time - I'm realizing that I'm not a big fan of these.  In comparison to other IEM's in it's price range, I guess I find these too disjointed - boomy bass, coupled with recessed mids and undistinguished treble.  These aren't bad - but in the same price range I'd really prefer the Brainwavz M2.  I think I'm either going to sell my pair - or give them away to a friend.
Well - after about 60 hours of burnin on the 805's - I have to take back my original comment about the 805's being mid-centric.  That was a very impulsive comment after a short amount of listening.   I'm now convinced that these have been tuned to be V-shaped with ever so slightly recessed mids.  The bass doesn't really bleed into the mids - the mids aren't warm, rather being smooth but not sweet.  There's a decent amount of detail - these are good at picking out...
Well - I did get my 805's this morning, and while I don't have too many comments since they're not burned in, I can comment on the build quality/packaging.   My "engineering field test" 805's came with just the earphones, 3 sets of tips, the blue earphone holder that you see above in ClieOS's pictures - but no case.  Which makes the foam earphone holder seem next to useless.  One thing I noticed is that the 805 DOES have a very sheer wire mesh covering the nozzle. ...
Well - I guess I'm a sucker for a dual dynamic driver iem.  I'd also bit on the "engineering field test" 805 using the website posted above.  I found no need to leave my number.  You just place your order through paypal and you'll get a receipt in your e-mail a short while later.  They actually just arrived at the post office - I need to pick them up this morning.   These were totally an impulse buy and I hope I don't regret my purchase, because I'm more of an...
I was able to A/B - and the TF10's have a lot more bass, and a decent amount of lower extension.  I haven't heard the UM3X.  Since you consider the TF10's bass heavy - it's hard to tell if you'd like these since there's a big gap between the 2 iem's.  There's good bass quantity in comparison to the Re0 however - I think the amoun's just right.    
Keep in mind that the Re0 will have MUCH less bass quantity, and that the Brainwavz B2's are faster IEM's overall.  Which you prefer will fully depend on your preference in sound signature.