Posts by DejanM

I did a comparison between Sennheiser Momentum and these Sonny's 1A when I was making decision which one to buy. I did the comparison in the shop and it didn't last very long. So ... it is not really test that I made but rather some impressions ... Senn's Momentum were very agressive, punchy, fast ... 1A are more relaxed, more pleasant with better balance (between deep bass and treble). I went for this balance, for bass that is better extended, for the overall pleasence of...
I love these Sony's 1A. I have them for several months now and I am very happy with them. There are better phones out there (for example my Grado SR 325 are clear winner in direct comparison) but there is something "nice" in the sound of these cans.   Very often I am using them with my Apple iPad Air and they fit really well together. Sometimes I think why would somebody need better sound through the cans (this is more retorical I know ... ). When I am using them with my...
I bought one and I was happy with the improvement on my Win7 desktop system. Then I bought another one for my Mac Mini source.   By the way - try Shiit USB cable ... it is also excellent value.
New McIntosh MHA-100 headphone amp with McIntosh headphones sounds absolutely amazing. It is on top of this game, heading against the best that exist. It is though very expencive ....
I got my Sony MDR-1A's a week ago. Happy with them. They sound good with slightly elevated bass. They are not giant killer (my old Grado SR-325 are better) but they sound exciting with decent level of detail and transparency. They work really well with mobile gear: with my Apple Air they are very convincing.   Concerning the colours of the drivers: it seems to me that both drivers are of the same colour - if that is of any impoirtance.
I have Q701 for about a year now and I do not like them. They sound closed, with poor dynamics to my taste. I am using them with Naim Headline 2 (powered by Naim Flatcap) and with heavily modded Musical Fidelity X-Can V2. Both of these amps are poor match for these cans. So now I am looking for something else (stronger) in order to be able to squeeze better sound out of these cans. I will give it another try but I have a feeling that these cans are simply not good .... BtW...
I believe Gungnir plays in completely diffrent league than DLIII .... It is must listen ....
Grado SR 320i AKG 701/702
Hi,   During Christmas holidays I visited Dayens and we were talking about building a headphone amp from Ampino, which should be rather straightforward operation. Dejan D. (owner and designer of Dayens) told me that something like that will probably happen in a near future. He already has several people interested in a such product, so he will probably go for it. The only remaining question is whether to keep the output power at 25W or to reduce it mainly by using...
I listened Naim Uniti on Munchen HiFi show but I can't really say much about it, because the presentation was about new Naim Speakers and Uniti was presented only briefly. This unit has digital inputs and from the basic idea it is a good move by Naim. It will be very usefull for those customers who like to have it simple and all-in-one unit. I personally would like to see Naim unit exactly as Uniti but without amp section. Universal tuner, external DAC, WLAN Client...