or Connect

Posts by DejanM

HP4 has a transformer at the output, so it wouldn't be very difficult to provide balanced output for Hi Z outputs. Low Z outputs are though taken before the output transformer and there  it would be much more difficult task to introduce balanced output having in mind that overall architecture of this amp is not balanced.   But I do not really see a real need for something like that in this case. Therefore I do not believe we will ever see balanced HP4 - and if yes, it...
I do not quite agree with you. 800S are the better phones than the original 800. In nearly every aspect of sound reproduction. Sennheiser did not discontinued 800 probably because they need one model at the price range of 1000. And the 800 are still very good phones. But 800S is in price range 1500-2000 and therefore Sennheiser challenge to all these newcomers like Audeze, that are selling in this price range.
EAR Yoshino HP4 is the best headphone amp I ever heard. With Sennheiser HD800 it makes a dream combination.
You do not need extra gadgets. The connections should look like this: from your source you go with the USB cable to Shiit Wyrd. From Shiit Wyrd you go with another USB cable to your DAC. Shiit Wyrd hat its own power supply and you have the possibility to switch Wyrd on and off with the switch on the back of the unit. It should work - I have two Wyrds at home and both of them are working without problems.   If it still doesn't work, first thing that you have to check is...
I am not sure that I understand your question. If you go for Gungnir and Mjolnir then it is a good idea to take PYST XLR cables - if the units are sitting on each other, because the PYST cables are only 30 cm long. Both units are of balanced design and therefore it is optimal to connect them that way, too.
I have Shiit Modi, Loki and Gugnir and there is a difference between them. As you might espect Gugnir is the best among them. I am pritty sure that if you go up the Shiit range that you will get better result. Gungnir + Mjolnir seems to me as an excellent combination especially if you have phones with balanced cables.   I am also using Shiit USB cables (excellent value for the price) and PYST cables with RCA connectors. They seem to be ok. I am using them between Modi...
Yes. The name of the model is: HD 630VB (according to the show catalogue). And they look really fantsastic. The quality is first class.
Yes on a HiFi show that this weekend is going on in Vienna. They did some nice things there ... for example they installed a system for comparing HD800 and HD800S by using Senn headphone amp with two balanced outputs where they connected these Senn's so that you can clearly hear the difference and make your decision whether the  difference in sound is worth additional money you have to pay for S version.   S has clearly more bass. That changes a bit the whole sound...
The price of HD800 without S is a bit under 1200 euro here in Europe.
Heard 800S today and I do not have any doubts: I am going to buy these cans !!! The information that I got today is that the cans should be in stores before Christmas (in Europe) and that the price will be around 1500 euros. For that money you get cans and two cables: one with 6,3 mm banana and one XLR cable.   I was mighty impressed what I heard today ....