or Connect

Posts by DejanM

Yes. The name of the model is: HD 630VB (according to the show catalogue). And they look really fantsastic. The quality is first class.
Yes on a HiFi show that this weekend is going on in Vienna. They did some nice things there ... for example they installed a system for comparing HD800 and HD800S by using Senn headphone amp with two balanced outputs where they connected these Senn's so that you can clearly hear the difference and make your decision whether the  difference in sound is worth additional money you have to pay for S version.   S has clearly more bass. That changes a bit the whole sound...
The price of HD800 without S is a bit under 1200 euro here in Europe.
Heard 800S today and I do not have any doubts: I am going to buy these cans !!! The information that I got today is that the cans should be in stores before Christmas (in Europe) and that the price will be around 1500 euros. For that money you get cans and two cables: one with 6,3 mm banana and one XLR cable.   I was mighty impressed what I heard today ....
Try Lapp power cable (version Oeflex CY110 3G2,5). It is very cheap (several euros a meter) and it can open the sound sometimes. Put some decent connectors on it. If you have some money to spare, then try rhodium stuff. If the budget is tight, go for pure Copper connectors ( without gold or anything on the top).   When you finish that kind of playing, try some power filtering units. In general they are expencieve and mostly unpredictible (especially if they are passive)...
If you like the sound of your headphones (and obviously you do) then do not change them. What remains are DAC and amp. I do not know your DAC so I cannot comment on that but there are certainly better dacs around - the question is only for how much more money ?   When we are talking about amp - it seems to me that you like overall signature of Shiit Asguard. Therefore, reasonable upgrade path would be to go for Shiit Mjolnir 2. Never compaired them but Mjolnir 2 should...
I belong to the group that hate Senn HD700. I love though HD800.
I am not turning off Wyrd when I am not using comp. But you can if you want - it is only a matter of convinience.   Talking about USB cables - yes they make a difference but Wyrd reduces the influence of USB cables. Shiit has a very good USB cable for 20 USD and I can highly recommend it. It stands proudly against some very expencieve and very good USB cables. It is really a great value USB cable.   PSU of Wyrd is not switching. It is linear supply based on LM723,...
I heard Senn HD800 in several occasions and I think these are very good cans. Probably you had an issue with pairing between the cans and headphone amp ... or maybe you simply do not like the sound of them.
I have my 325 for years now. It is the first version of these cans, meaning no i and no s after 325. But still they sound really good. In order to get better sound I will have to go for Senn HD800 and likes, which cost several times more. Even when I do it I will never give my 325 away. They are simply one of those rare timeless products that will remain remembered in the history of HiFi.