Posts by DejanM

I have Q701 for about a year now and I do not like them. They sound closed, with poor dynamics to my taste. I am using them with Naim Headline 2 (powered by Naim Flatcap) and with heavily modded Musical Fidelity X-Can V2. Both of these amps are poor match for these cans. So now I am looking for something else (stronger) in order to be able to squeeze better sound out of these cans. I will give it another try but I have a feeling that these cans are simply not good .... BtW...
I believe Gungnir plays in completely diffrent league than DLIII .... It is must listen ....
Grado SR 320i AKG 701/702
Hi,   During Christmas holidays I visited Dayens and we were talking about building a headphone amp from Ampino, which should be rather straightforward operation. Dejan D. (owner and designer of Dayens) told me that something like that will probably happen in a near future. He already has several people interested in a such product, so he will probably go for it. The only remaining question is whether to keep the output power at 25W or to reduce it mainly by using...
I listened Naim Uniti on Munchen HiFi show but I can't really say much about it, because the presentation was about new Naim Speakers and Uniti was presented only briefly. This unit has digital inputs and from the basic idea it is a good move by Naim. It will be very usefull for those customers who like to have it simple and all-in-one unit. I personally would like to see Naim unit exactly as Uniti but without amp section. Universal tuner, external DAC, WLAN Client...
Can somebody who listened to this unit put some more comments on its SQ ?
I wote for Yamamoto HA-2 - excellent tube Headphone amp that will serve you for a very long time - even if you once decide to upgrade your phones. Otherwise, look at the Musical Fidelity offerings. X-Can V8 is a good choice.
Quote: Originally Posted by kuma That's a very nice set you have. Btw, transparency issue is somewhat misleading as it improves with the source and PSU upgrade amongst other things! I do wish they will come up with a Reference Series NAHA someday. ( the one with floating brass circuit board ) Hi Kuma, Nice "meeting" you after a while on another forum. When I was putting this Naim system together couple of years ago, I listened to your...
Quote: Originally Posted by fkclo Thanks Kuma. Can't imagine spending $6k on the power supply to feed a headphone amp that is less than 20% of its price Probably the Flatcap2 should be more than doing justise to the Headline2 ? F. Lo I am using Naim Headline 2 with Naim Flatcap 2x. The source is Naim CD 5x and the phones are Grado 325i. I am pritty happy with the sound. Much better than with iSupply that I was using at the...
Quote: Originally Posted by SleepyOne That thing is just a plug covering the socket that allow an optional external power supply be added if you wish (i.e. an upgrade option). By adding an external power supply, sound of the DAC will be improved but at a price. Naim sells a range of external power supply, some very expensive. Thanks for the info ....