or Connect

Posts by DejanM

You do not need extra gadgets. The connections should look like this: from your source you go with the USB cable to Shiit Wyrd. From Shiit Wyrd you go with another USB cable to your DAC. Shiit Wyrd hat its own power supply and you have the possibility to switch Wyrd on and off with the switch on the back of the unit. It should work - I have two Wyrds at home and both of them are working without problems.   If it still doesn't work, first thing that you have to check is...
I am not sure that I understand your question. If you go for Gungnir and Mjolnir then it is a good idea to take PYST XLR cables - if the units are sitting on each other, because the PYST cables are only 30 cm long. Both units are of balanced design and therefore it is optimal to connect them that way, too.
I have Shiit Modi, Loki and Gugnir and there is a difference between them. As you might espect Gugnir is the best among them. I am pritty sure that if you go up the Shiit range that you will get better result. Gungnir + Mjolnir seems to me as an excellent combination especially if you have phones with balanced cables.   I am also using Shiit USB cables (excellent value for the price) and PYST cables with RCA connectors. They seem to be ok. I am using them between Modi...
Yes. The name of the model is: HD 630VB (according to the show catalogue). And they look really fantsastic. The quality is first class.
Yes on a HiFi show that this weekend is going on in Vienna. They did some nice things there ... for example they installed a system for comparing HD800 and HD800S by using Senn headphone amp with two balanced outputs where they connected these Senn's so that you can clearly hear the difference and make your decision whether the  difference in sound is worth additional money you have to pay for S version.   S has clearly more bass. That changes a bit the whole sound...
The price of HD800 without S is a bit under 1200 euro here in Europe.
Heard 800S today and I do not have any doubts: I am going to buy these cans !!! The information that I got today is that the cans should be in stores before Christmas (in Europe) and that the price will be around 1500 euros. For that money you get cans and two cables: one with 6,3 mm banana and one XLR cable.   I was mighty impressed what I heard today ....
Try Lapp power cable (version Oeflex CY110 3G2,5). It is very cheap (several euros a meter) and it can open the sound sometimes. Put some decent connectors on it. If you have some money to spare, then try rhodium stuff. If the budget is tight, go for pure Copper connectors ( without gold or anything on the top).   When you finish that kind of playing, try some power filtering units. In general they are expencieve and mostly unpredictible (especially if they are passive)...
If you like the sound of your headphones (and obviously you do) then do not change them. What remains are DAC and amp. I do not know your DAC so I cannot comment on that but there are certainly better dacs around - the question is only for how much more money ?   When we are talking about amp - it seems to me that you like overall signature of Shiit Asguard. Therefore, reasonable upgrade path would be to go for Shiit Mjolnir 2. Never compaired them but Mjolnir 2 should...
I belong to the group that hate Senn HD700. I love though HD800.