or Connect

Posts by roadcykler

Do you have any issues with feedback through the turntable with those speakers that close to the turntable?
Much, if not all of the "this is better than that" is based on the price. The fallacy that something more expensive must be better is rampant, especially in the audio world. After listening to the T1s for a few days, I wouldn't have anything to do with them and they were a lot more expensive than the 500s at the time (maybe still are). I think the most important thing you can do is look at professional reviews, look at professional measurements, and if at all possible,...
Congrats. One of my biggest audio regrets is buying a Toshiba cd player instead of one of those or similar, when I left Okinawa in 1985. The cd technology was quite new and I was torn between the 2 formats and went with the cd. Denon had some great looking and great operating turntables during that time. I think you'll be pleased.  
You'll have a hard time convincing a lot of people here of that last statement. Then again, you'd have a hard time convincing some people that cables don't make a difference. "I know what I hear" is a common retort.
For those of you across the pond (or anywhere else if you're willing to pay a lot of shipping) someone has a very nice Kenwood Trio KA-907 up for bids.I expect it will go for a lot of pounds sterling.   http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/172154027207?ssPageName=STRK%3AMESELX%3AIT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649
I spent a fair amount of time with the T1s before I bought the HE500s and I found them way too bright for my liking. Considering the extra cost, I didn't care for them much at all. But as with anything, your ears will be different.
 For those of us who have a little upper range hearing loss, they're as close to perfect as I've found. The 650s were lacking in that area for me.
If they're only making 8 of them, they're quite possibly all spoken for already.
Doesn't change the functionality but our society is driven by outward appearances so this isn't surprising. I suppose if one can afford a Rolex, they can probably afford to have it "antiqued" too.
What brand/model of knife is that? Great looking carbon fibre.