Posts by roadcykler

Regardless of how much you think something is worth, if you offer half of the listed price you're likely to get an unpleasant response. If that happened with something I had listed, I wouldn't waste my time replying because I would take it as a low ball offer. I guess sometimes those people who do that must get a fantastic deal or they wouldn't continue doing it. 
Audio Karma is the go-to site for info about vintage stuff if you can't find out elsewhere.
Here's what I posted to another guy up the page looking at the exact cable, "It looks like pretty decent cable and I like that they give you options for the connector and colors. With a 99.8% approval rating I'd say gofer it."
 There's no doubt he was quite the stereo guy but for many folks, there's also no doubt that suggestibility or expectation can greatly influence what we hear. 
It looks like pretty decent cable and I like that they give you options for the connector and colors. With a 99.8% approval rating I'd say gofer it.
Mixing metals has nothing to do with UL approval. It has to do with galvanic corrosion. $50 may not be much in total dollars but in % of dollars spent on normal fuses, it's huge. But, if that's how you want to spend your money, regardless of the objective difference, who are we to quibble? I'd rather buy $50 worth of new music or even old stuff on vinyl.
PRAT?  Electrons flow at a speed not discernible by human ears. There are obviously devices that can measure it, but the human brain isn't capable. You're fooling yourself.
I don't have a problem. I can quit whenever I want.
I'm just across the river and only have one. Then again, I stopped buying things until I sold the previous one with one exception. Don't have room and I don't like stuff sitting in a closet not being used.
Considering in 1978 it was $1400, the price they show isn't bad at all, if it's in good shape. But, even I could afford it, I have nowhere to put it. None of the places I have stereos, is big enough without some major re-configuration.