Posts by stang

Cheers for that :) I will see what suitable materials I have lying around the house and give them a go tomorrow. Should be fun 
 Thank you. It's very helpful. I believe I came across it a little while back when I was looking into the HE-4. I will definitely order some pleather earpads ASAP and look into the felt mod. 
Just received my HE-4 a few hours ago. Sounds like I should have purchased the pleather pads, but I guess I will do that in the near future anyway. Brief impressions are: Very interesting soundstage. I feel as though the music is played out like the shape of a U, but the radius is out in front of me and the two linear lines are parallel to my ears/sides of my head. Very different to my LCD-2 (which I no longer own). They sound very open and airy, in comparison to the...
Custom made (professionally, not by me) 6ft cable for my (now sold) Audeze LCD-2. Wire used is the same as used in the Toxic Cables Silver Poison headphone cable and then sleeved in paracord and terminated with a 4 pin XLR and two mini XLR with custom made rosewood connectors (to suit the LCD-2) along with a rosewood Y-splitter. The cable sound absolutely amazing and the build quality is outstanding apart from one little quirk. The left mini XLR has little to no tactility...
SOLD: $700AUD   220V. Built by FallenAngel.   Original Listing: http://www.head-fi.org/t/660983/updated-maxed-out-balanced-buffalo-ii-32-bit-dac-preamp   Compared to Yulong D18 FallenAngel:   "The power supplies on the Buffalo are worlds away from the simple single circuit in the D18.   In terms of I/V and output stage, the D18 uses AD8620 for I/V, and a pair of AD797 for LPF (low-pass-filter). The Buffalo uses the OPA1632 for this, which is a considerably...
Hi everyone. Unfortunately due to headphones causing my hair to thin (right where the headphone band rests) due to the fact I use them anywhere from 2 hours to 12 hours a day depending if it is a weekday, weekend etc, I am switching to my UM3X IEMs for those times. I have confirmed it is headphones as it has happened with my DT880 as well and I have got a hair cut, just used IEMs for a month and my hair is fine. If I go back to headphones, the problem persists. However, I...
SOLD - $850 AUD w/ Postage   Price: $850 AUD + postage PayPal'd (I cover the PayPal fees) Included in sale: LCD-2 rev 2.2, stock SE cable, hard travel case, wood care kit. Reason for sale: Downgrading for financial reasons. PM me if interested in Buffalo II Balanced DAC or Little Dot MKVI+. Looking to get HE-4, cheap <$200 DAC and <$300 amp (preferably tube). Payment: PayPal  Shipping: Registered with tracking and insurance. PM me for cost to your location.   Up...
Just sold my 50D + grip and a couple of nice lenses and picked up a 135mm f2 and am going to get an OM-D E-M5 and the new 12-40 f2.8 in December sometime. My 1D Mk III is too good to let go, so I will definitely continue purchasing EF lenses 
Got sick of my Evga x58 classified not booting most of the time and giving me errors indicating no Windows installation and not recognising my SSD and disconnecting my hard drives after a restart etc so this morning I got a new 2011 motherboard and an i7 4820k. WOW. 29c on the lowest core at stock settings (3.7ghz with HT on) under 100% load using Prime95 in a room at 20c. My i7 920 at 4ghz would go to about 53c with HT off and 60c with HT on and I thought that was great....
  It sure is, got if off Fallen Angel (you might be able to make out that name on the faceplate) a little while back and can't wait to try it balanced with the MKVI+ once I get a balanced headphone cable (should be within 3 weeks from now).