Posts by stang

Wow. I forgot all about this thread  I didn't pay for anything (except for return shipping). From memory the Valhalla power cable cost thousands of dollars (no idea exactly, probably around $5000, especially since Patrick lived somewhere in Europe). I've no idea on the enhancements it's supposed to bring to the sound, but I can assure you, it's not worth it. I don't remember hearing much, if any difference swapping to a $10 cable with the AKG K1000. IME, as far as effects...
 I might but it could be a fair few months away  Dying to try this HE-500 so I can decide but I just got my 2nd car so all my money needs to go into that. 
 Not to me. I wore the LCD-2 rev 2 for 8+ hours a day and didn't even notice them on my head. Usually 2-3 hour sessions. I'm 6 ft 1 and a bit over 70kg (fairly average build) so it's not like my neck is huge or anything  
Still for sale. Have had many people interested but nothing solid as of yet. 
 Wow. I am usually at 3 o'clock on High gain with my MKVI+ (on SE). I listen to my music probably about 10db lower than my friends so not very loud at all (especially since I have mild tinnitus). 
I won't be able to afford to tube roll for quite some time, but basically when I do, it will cost between $500 and $700. From memory, I noticed more difference between tubes in my MAD Ear+ HD than I did merely comparing that tube amp to my M^3 solid state. Definitely not subtle 
I've decided to give headphone hunting a miss. I am going to get another car instead. About as expensive as this hobby is sometimes, that's for sure  I will be spending at least several months with my HE-4 I believe. Might do some tweaking when I feel I can pinpoint specific areas which need adjusting on the sound front. I don't even have any felt lying around or similar so I can't do a whole lot currently. 
I think I might go down to a store near me to try out the HE-500 in a couple of weeks (after mid-semester exams). I just want to confirm whether or not the HE-500 would have suited me better. I can bring in all my own equipment as well (thought I am hesitant about bring in a turntable and LPs haha). They cost $50 more than what my HE-4 cost me from head-direct so that will be really disappointing if I prefer them to my HE-4 (since I will have to sell he HE-4 and take quite...
 Now that I have spent some more time with the HE-4, I must say the same. The LCD-2 are fantastic for the fact they are in no way fatiguing and you can turn them up louder than HE-4 due to the lack of treble and treble spikes. I could listen to them for many, many hours straight without trouble. Having said this, they weren't as engaging or as 'fun' as the HE-4 have been (once I find a record that isn't awfully bright). I think perhaps the LCD-X would be end-game for me,...
On a different note, has anyone here (yes, I have searched before and found some helpful results but the more the better) found a difference in sound with the HE-4 over time (ie: burn-in)? I have read that some people don't find planars change much if at all over time. I was wondering if anyone here experienced anything different (even if it is placebo).    I sure am glad I switched over to vinyl because digital sounds pretty awful with these (sounded okay with LCD-2)....