or Connect

Posts by stang

Thank you! I'm shocked they haven't sold yet. They're truly fantastic headphones. 
 Yeah I completely understand I won't get close to the best traits of the HE-4 in a closed can. However, I can enjoy closed cans more due to not having to worry about others hearing my music and I cannot hear them, also. I'm sure if I already had the right amp for the HE-4 I would manage to persuade myself to keep them. 
 This is definitely true haha. Truth be told, the LCD-2 ruined my options haha. I am still used to their treble and everything else I've tried seems to annoy me. However, the HE-4 would make an amazing second headphone to the LCD-2. There's something about them that works extremely well with some specific albums. However, I only want one headphone and I need it to be closed, so DT770 for now. 
Selling my HE-4 as I really need closed headphones for my listening purposes and living conditions now. So DT770 stay. I know I never got to listen to the HE-4 at their full potential, but I'm sure if I did I would never let them go so that would make it very difficult haha.
Hi, I am looking to purchase a Little Dot MK II to pair with my DT770 600ohm. Flexible on price. I have lots of feedback (also 100% positive) across my two ebay accounts.    Links: http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Little-Dot-MK-2-II-Headphone-Amp-Amplifier-Pre-Amp-/191514499982?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item2c97275b8e   http://www.littledot.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=816&sid=ad57b65e60c75086fa8ecbd838ac13b0
Up for sale is my 220/240V Little Dot MKVI+ which I have owned for 2 years from new. I have replaced the fans with much more quiet and effective ones as the stock ones are terribly annoying. Other than that, no modifications have been made or attempted. Comes with stock tubes.    Reason for selling: Need money for car repairs. Only have Gamma1 single ended DAC and DT770 600ohm now (selling Hifiman HE-4), so I feel this amplifier is not justified.  TRADES...
For sale are my mint and completely stock Hifiman HE-4. Currently has pleather pads fitted, however both stock original sets of velours are also included in the sale. All original accessories are included as per photos. I estimate 300 hours of use, as I need closed headphones for my current living situation and thus my DT770 have been used. The HE-4 were really only used with my vinyl setup.    Reason for sale: Need money for car repairs. Open headphones not ideal for my...
 It depends what sub-genre of metal we are talking about. For example, my HE-4 sound absolutely fantastic with fast paced metal, though they still lack bass for me. Same story with the DT770 600ohm, though generally the HE-4 are far more engaging. I will try to improve the bass presence and authority in the future with some appropriate tubes for my amplifier. Right now I have way too many other things to concentrate on financially. LCD-2 2.2 were amazing with a lot of...
I used it for several thousand hours for metal and loved it. The velour pads on it were worn down though so the drivers were close to my ears and it also had a copper recable. I compared them to a stock pair with new pads and mine sounded soooo much nicer. Much, much smoother treble, harder hitting bass with more presence and the mids were more pronounced. I did eventually make the move to LCD-2 2.2 and that was a fantastic decision. Expensive, however. I now have DT770...
 Well as I've posted before, the HE-500 didn't do it for me and I was basically in the same situation as you (though I wanted tamed highs). The HE-500 had much more relaxed mids (sometimes even boring for some music) and nothing else it did stood out for me over the HE-4. This is the reason why I am keeping the HE-4 and will eventually just begin tube rolling my MKVI+. Hopefully that will give me what I want. But as for LCD-2; they are completely different to the HE-4....