Posts by setamp

So.......... How do 1578's sound relative to NU or Ken-Rad 6F8G's?
My current fav in my ECBA is a NU 6F8G (adapter from 2359glenn).  It has wonderful mids with great air,space and clarity while maintaining unrivaled smoothness.  It is a bit soft in the bottom, however.  If only I could have it all..............  
Thanks GMF2010, that is the first version of 2.20 that sounded good in my system and it sounds better than the 2.02 version that was previous favorite.  I think this one is a keeper.  It eliminates the mid-bass hump of 2.02 and is very clean in the upper mids.  Before this, I couldn't stand the awful treble of 2.20 but this version is smooth as silk.
I'm glad they worked for you!   
I am curious to try this as well.  The version that sounds best to me has the L104 file.  My other files are titled the same but are different in size.  
http://www.tubemonger.com/GEC_GENALEX_1958_CV4001_6X4WA_NIB_England_IMP_LBL_p/2060m-l.htm These worked best for me.  My other tubes are Sophia Royal Princess 300b and , NU 68FG  
I have no experience with the Mullard tubes but I hesitated in rolling the rectifiers as I had heard there was little to be gained.  Fortunately, I did try other rectifiers and have found them to make in my rig a significant difference.   
For sale is my 8 foot Toxic Silver Poison cable for an Audeze LCD2 or LCD3.  It is terminated at the input with a Viablue 6.3 mm jack.  There is no splitter jewelry which reduces the weight of the cable even further.  This is a beautiful cable for the LCD2.  I am selling only because I (finally) took delivery of a Toxic Silver Widow. The cable is just under 1 year old and was very well cared for.  I used it primarily on weekends. Here is your chance to buy a...
PM sent
Found