or Connect

Posts by setamp

I am wondering if there is a clear upgrade from the EE Minimax dac.  I am listening to LCD2-s through a beta 22.  With tube rolling, cables, etc.  I have tamed the upper mids of the minimax to acceptable levels.  I am very sensitive to the frequency range.  I am wondering if it makes sense to try the Isabellina or perhaps a used  Pefectwave, Minerva or Berkeley.  While I am especially in search of sweet highs, I also want to maintain weight and extension in the low...
Sorry for replying so late: The Beta22 I purchased was a FallenAngel built 3 board unit.  It is the first ss amp I have owned since 1970 and I think it could pass as a tube amp in a blind test. My current system is 2010 Mac Mini (Audirvana Plus) >JK Mk3>  EE Minimax Dac > Beta22 > LCD2.1 My next step is to audition some cables but I'm liking this setup.  My bass is deep and controlled and mids are beautiful.  The sound is somewhat laid back but still...
Pending.
This is probably a mistake, but I am selling my Beyerdynamic T1's that were terminated with Apuresound cables and a Furutech 1/4" plug.  The Apuresound cable sounds great with the T1's, eliminating (in my system) any hardness or glare.  While I am the second owner, the original owner did not use them more than 10 hours.  They were not what he was looking for.  I purchased them in August 2010 and have put 4-5 hours per week on them since that time.  They are in mint...
PENDING    I am selling my DarkVoice 337 and will include in this purchase a pair of 5998's and Tung Sol mesh plate 6SJ7GT tubes.  These tubes are increasingly hard to find but I will include them with the sale of my amp.  I am the second owner of the amp.  The original owner purchased the amplifier in September of 2008 but put only a few hours on it.  I bought it in July of 2010 and generally enjoyed it for 4-5 hours a week on the weekends. This is a great...
I am now driving my lcd2.1's with a Beta22 and I have to say this is one great combo. My darkvoice drove my T1's to perfection but the OTL amp was a poor match for the lcd2.  The Beta has a tubelike liquid midrange with a controlled bass.  I don't have many hours with this amp yet but I think this is a keeper.
I think the DV337 is an excellent amp.  It works beautifully with my Beyer T1's. 
I currently am running my MacMini with Audirvan > EE Minimax Dac > DV337 >Beyer T1's.  I really like this set up but was enticed into the LCD2 by all of the rave reviews.  I purchased a version 1 LCD2 and tried it with my rig and found the LCD2 to be bass light and glaring in the upper mids / lower treble.  I find my system with the T1's to be slightly on the warm side of neutral and was hoping the LCD2 would provide a little more bass weight/impact and would be slightly...
So you would recommend everyone Schiit their 'pants ?    
I have a similar question.  I have my choices to power my LCD2 limited to: V200 - appears to be a good match and offers the ability to go balanced. Mini Torii - tubes allow for fine tuning of sound. Beta22 - another good match and offers solid bass and slightly recessed upper mids (a sound I like).