Posts by setamp

I have re-read this thread and I'm still not certain I understand the sonic differences between the PX4 and the 300B. I am currently using a Royal Princess 300B with a Mullard ECC32 driver.  I have tried the vast majority of possible drivers but have only heard the RP 300B. If I were to switch to a AVVT PX4 (or AVVT PX4 or EML PX4) what differences can I expect to hear?   If I could improve anything, it would be to eliminate a small bump in the low mids / upper bass and...
My SR fuses blew on startup.  In-rush current was blamed.  Apparently every piece of equipment I own suffers from high in-rush current.......................
One caveat with SR fuses is they (in my experience are quick to blow).  I tried the SR20 fuses in a couple of places and each one blew.  I have since replaced them with Audio Horizons fuses.  I tried a SR Red fuse which I loved in my system.  I used a 3.15a fuse in a 2.5a application to be safe.  It lasted ~ 3 months.  That's it for me. 
How do the EML 300b's sound in comparison? 
I prefer SR Reds to the Audio Magic and Audio Horizons Platinum fuses.
Updated 1/19/15 Add $5 for domestic conus shipping.  I have tried to put a fair value on these tested tubes.  If you disagree with my value please make a fair offer. 1 Pair - Raytheon JAN-CRB-6SN7WGT - 1955 vintage tan base with red printing.  Tested by TC Tubes.Top D-getter.  Very nice  sound $50 for the pair. Tube 1 - Gm 103% 107%  iP 100 104 Gas .2 .2 both sections low microphonic. White box Tube 2 - Gm 100% 96%    ip 104 93  Gas 0 0  Section 1 slightly microphonic...
I have the following 6SN7's for sale:  Bump before they go to Ebay! 1 Pair Create Audio 6SN7 - This pair is practically new.  I put fewer than 50 hours on them.  $125 for the pair.  OBO SOLD Tube Sophia Electric 6SN7 - Grade A - Tested by TC Tubes.  iP = 104%/108%  Gm = 92%/100% Low noise.  $65 single tube.  SOLD SOLD Tube Mullard SOLD CV589 Military ECC35 Short Brown Base.  Bottom "D" getter.  Printed codes 1347 / 1K2.  Tested when I purchased the tube at 1600/1800...
Has anyone had to pay duty on a cable shipped to the US?  I found a duty calculator online that, if I used it correctly, assured me there would be no duty on my under $1,000 order.
I am considering an upgrade to my LCD-3 fazor cable.  I was using a Toxic Silver Widow but switched to a WyWires Red as I found I liked the organic feel of copper as well as the increase in dynamics.  I am curious about some of the TOTL cables out there but there seems to be no comparisons available to make an educated opinion.  Each brand has its following but it is difficult to get opinions across brands. Has anyone actually compared any of these cables to others?
I have for sale 2 cruzeFIRST Maestro duplex outlets.  They are used and have some scratches around the blade entry holes but are in otherwise excellent condition.  They are broken in but with very little use.  Comes with original box. I can offer 1 outlet for $55 + shipping + paypal fees            or  2 outlet for $100 + shipping + paypal fees Photos to follow.