Posts by setamp

It will be interesting to read comparisons between the V281 and the new Schiit Ragnarok - another end-game amp
I found the hi-fi tuning supreme to be slow, rolled off and unexciting.  
For me, it sounded good right out of the box and continues to improve in realism, air and soundstage depth.  I think fuses are like power cables - very system dependent.
Interesting.  My experience was just the opposite.  I find the SR Red to be the best fuse I have yet to hear in my ECBA.
Like one eyepiece on a pair of binoculars?
What about the LCD-3 Fazor? Most responses have been to recommend a "brighter" amp to compensate for the "darker" LCD-3 sound signature.  With the LCD-3F, however, it seems the tonal balance has been shifted up eliminating the need for more high mid / lower treble energy. What amp pairs well with the LCD-3F (fazor) ?  
I have been listening to a Mullard ECC32 in my ECBA and have to say - WOW!
sold
sam1e My thoughts on the WyWires are here: http://www.head-fi.org/t/717013/wywires-red-headphone-cable/15#post_10630173 I can't tell you where my lcd's fall in the timeline but they are not veiled and therefore do not have replaced drivers. My source is Bryston BDP-1/ Lampization L4G4/ Eddie Current Balancing Act (300b). The biggest difference to me is instrument separation and image solidity within a larger and deeper soundstage.  Microdynamics are also improved.  
I prefer the WyWires Red to the Toxic SW with my LCD3 in my setup.