Posts by setamp

My ECBA has the switch in the back where Up is PX4 and down is 300B.  I have the Yamamoto tube sockets that accept both UX4 and B4 bases.
Has anyone tried the TJ PX25?  I understand it is warmer than the KR PX25 but is NOS the only way to go?  I am considering the PX25 vs an AVVT Px4 and am a bit concerned about the price of the PX25 vs the risk of getting a good pair.  It's all about the sound, though.
I have re-read this thread and I'm still not certain I understand the sonic differences between the PX4 and the 300B. I am currently using a Royal Princess 300B with a Mullard ECC32 driver.  I have tried the vast majority of possible drivers but have only heard the RP 300B. If I were to switch to a AVVT PX4 (or AVVT PX4 or EML PX4) what differences can I expect to hear?   If I could improve anything, it would be to eliminate a small bump in the low mids / upper bass and...
My SR fuses blew on startup.  In-rush current was blamed.  Apparently every piece of equipment I own suffers from high in-rush current.......................
One caveat with SR fuses is they (in my experience are quick to blow).  I tried the SR20 fuses in a couple of places and each one blew.  I have since replaced them with Audio Horizons fuses.  I tried a SR Red fuse which I loved in my system.  I used a 3.15a fuse in a 2.5a application to be safe.  It lasted ~ 3 months.  That's it for me. 
How do the EML 300b's sound in comparison? 
I prefer SR Reds to the Audio Magic and Audio Horizons Platinum fuses.
Updated 1/19/15 Add $5 for domestic conus shipping.  I have tried to put a fair value on these tested tubes.  If you disagree with my value please make a fair offer. 1 Pair - Raytheon JAN-CRB-6SN7WGT - 1955 vintage tan base with red printing.  Tested by TC Tubes.Top D-getter.  Very nice  sound $50 for the pair. Tube 1 - Gm 103% 107%  iP 100 104 Gas .2 .2 both sections low microphonic. White box Tube 2 - Gm 100% 96%    ip 104 93  Gas 0 0  Section 1 slightly microphonic...
I have the following 6SN7's for sale:  Bump before they go to Ebay! 1 Pair Create Audio 6SN7 - This pair is practically new.  I put fewer than 50 hours on them.  $125 for the pair.  OBO SOLD Tube Sophia Electric 6SN7 - Grade A - Tested by TC Tubes.  iP = 104%/108%  Gm = 92%/100% Low noise.  $65 single tube.  SOLD SOLD Tube Mullard SOLD CV589 Military ECC35 Short Brown Base.  Bottom "D" getter.  Printed codes 1347 / 1K2.  Tested when I purchased the tube at 1600/1800...
Has anyone had to pay duty on a cable shipped to the US?  I found a duty calculator online that, if I used it correctly, assured me there would be no duty on my under $1,000 order.