or Connect

Posts by setamp

I have found Alan Maher's fuse wraps to work quite well in my setup.  They improve even "audiophile" fuses.  The wraps can be a bit tricky as they add bulk to your fuse and create a tight fit in some fuse holders but I have found they work to reduce noise and improve micro dynamics.  They take some time to burn in - how this happens with a wrap i don't know, but my system went through clearly audible phases until settling down in about a week.  At $12.5 /wrap they may give...
I am offering a Sistrum Apprentice SA-102-3 Platform that I purchased directly from Star Sound Technologies.  It is in excellent condition and is a very effective platform.  I have downsized and now have 1 too many Sistrums. Included is: 1 - Sistrum platform 3 - 1.0 AP - 1A.5 3 - 1.0 AP 1A1NT 3 - Coupling Discs These sell for $435 ($420 for the platform and $15 for the coupling discs) I will offer my unit for $325.  Save over $100!  
Alex is a true gentleman.
I have used several 6f8g's including the NU and never had a problem.  Perhaps it's your adaptor?
Sold.
I stopped with a Mullard ecc32
I find the 6sn7 sockets to hold up very well but the 300b/px-4 sockets get loose quickly.
Added photo.
SOLD    For sale is my 6 foot length of WyWires Red Headphone Cable for Audeze headphones.  It is terminated with 2x Audeze mini-xlr's at the headphone end and a single 4-pin XLR at the amp end.  I have the certificate of authenticity that indicates this 6' cable was manufactured on 4/7/14.  The original cost was $335 as the length is 1 foot longer than standard.   The cable is in like new condition.  I put ~8 hours a week on it since I received it less than a year...
Here you can see a PX4 socket.  The top of the triangle is closest to mounting hole on the right.  The pin that is not part of the triangle is closest to the left mounting hole.  You can see how 3 pins are grouped and 1 separate.