Posts by setamp

I have used several 6f8g's including the NU and never had a problem.  Perhaps it's your adaptor?
Sold.
I stopped with a Mullard ecc32
I find the 6sn7 sockets to hold up very well but the 300b/px-4 sockets get loose quickly.
Added photo.
SOLD    For sale is my 6 foot length of WyWires Red Headphone Cable for Audeze headphones.  It is terminated with 2x Audeze mini-xlr's at the headphone end and a single 4-pin XLR at the amp end.  I have the certificate of authenticity that indicates this 6' cable was manufactured on 4/7/14.  The original cost was $335 as the length is 1 foot longer than standard.   The cable is in like new condition.  I put ~8 hours a week on it since I received it less than a year...
Here you can see a PX4 socket.  The top of the triangle is closest to mounting hole on the right.  The pin that is not part of the triangle is closest to the left mounting hole.  You can see how 3 pins are grouped and 1 separate.
If this is the socket you have, the 300B uses the 2 large holes at the bottom left and bottom right as well as the 2 parallel holes at the top (below the single hole at the top).  The PX4 will use the remaining holes - none are shared.  If you look at the pins, you will see a group of 3 that are closest together which form a triangle.  The pin at the top of this triangle will fit between the 2 large holes with the other pins of the triangle fitting just above the 2 large...
On the px4 there is a group of 3 pins and 1 pin not part of the the cluster.  Use this cluster to find the matching holes.  I have a yamamoto socket that accepts both px4 and 300b.  The px4 does not use the 2 large holes - this narrows your choices a bit. You won't have to force the tube, if oriented properly, the px4 with slip right in.
My ECBA has the switch in the back where Up is PX4 and down is 300B.  I have the Yamamoto tube sockets that accept both UX4 and B4 bases.