Posts by zzffnn

I would happily accept 5.5" phablet dimension (refer to Samsun Note 2) with thickness similar to that of a 80GB iPod Video, if I can get ~500GB of music storage.
Dear James, My dream player is a X5 with an empty mSATA slot (so that I can add my own 1TB mSATA SSD for $530, 500GB for $300 or 250GB for $170). Or X5 with 4 (four) microSD (TF) slots. I am sure you have seen the poll result (wish list) for X7's features. Ability to support large storage was the second most wanted feature from over 100 Headfi votes. Maybe you can set up another vote and ask how much storage people would "dream" of. In my humble opinion, if you have lots...
Maybe check if your battery connection is loose or damage?I would not be too surprised if Samsung EVO 1TB is more power efficient than the Crucial M500 480GB. Some indirect comparism suggested so.
Regarding power consumption of mSATA SSD, I have not found a direct measurement comparing Crucial M500 480GB vs Samsung EVO 1TB.However, after reading the following INDIRECT comparative measurements, I am guessing that the Samsung 1TB mSATA may draw less peak current and consume less power overall than the Crucial 480GB...
DMinor, I don't know if you have noticed:  the adapter that you want to try (the one mentioned in page 170) is made by Sintech and has product number of PA6007B, while the adapter you said worked (on page 168) is also made by Sintech and has a product number of PA6007.  The Amazon adapter reviewed by cmarti looks similar to (but is not the same - compare location of part C13) Sintech PA6007. I cannot tell which adapter(s) beyondwind used, though his adapters look more...
@ DMinor,How do you know that adapter is more power efficient? Or are you simply trying it out to see?@cmarti,Did you mean that you correctly order type 1 adapter, but it still does not work in your iPod?Thanks to both of you!
 Thank you for interest. I have replied to your PM.@ others who are interested: if sale occurs, I will update thread immediately; otherwise the item is still available.
Thank you for interest. I have replied to your PM.@ others who are interested: if sale occurs, I will update thread immediately; otherwise the item is still available.
Nice work, thanks beyondwind. I am considering this mod.How did you obtain your output power rating of 40 mw though, was it measured at 16 ohm of load? It is not significantly different than stock iPod's output power, correct? 40 mw loaded output is good enough for my use and I don't need 30-pin line out. Thank you again!
Nice job, thank you xzcc and Rockbox team! With RB, I would favor DX50 over Fiio X3, even though I personally prefer X3's amp design. Is it more difficult to Rockbox Fiio X3? I am not sure if it is based on Andriod though (I am guessing it is not).