Posts by tehort

I think m5 looks too big :x
Well, after LOTS of reading i am just confused. I need a earphone that plays well with metal(thrash metal, metallica, megadeth, slayer, and some heavy metal) and as secondary, some pop/rock(u2/led/beatles/black sabbath/etc), i really enjoy fast guitar riffs, like master of puppets, rust in peace, and guitar solos. The phones can't sound BRIGHT or light bass(at least enough, or plenty) I was first tempted to the Westone series(um3x, w3) but they're kinda expensive and...
Quote: Originally Posted by music_4321 x 2 - I think with metal or 'hard' rock the W3's can be quite fatiguing, the higher the volume the more fatiguing, and even more so if you're sensitive to treble. it's not quite the "treble" itself i think it is the mids, it annoys me with fast guitar riffs, they sound too bright and harsh(master of puppets and creeping death for example, sound like low-fi piece of shi*) hopefully this review can help you...
do you guys think um3x performs well for metal? or should i just go for w3? i do listen to metallica(specially) and megadeth mostly i also like many kinds of music(pop(u2), rock, classical) but it is a MUST to perform well with metallica and alikes if it helps for comparison purposes, i have a ath-ck7, and it is just WAY too harsh for my ears, i have to equalize to something like -6 db on the 4~8k range, this thing, has no hope for me :x i even thought it was defective
Quote: Originally Posted by mark2410 i find them crazy source dependant, unamped out of my ipod they really are rather good, certainly IE8 and 530 competition but still none of them are better than each other, just sideways steps. the 8 and 530 are much more stable, they sound more of less the same amped or not whereas the um3 changes dramatically how it sounds the only difference of significance id say would be the isolation. the westones isolate way...
hey you guys think these ie8's are fake? SENNHEISER IE8 EarPhone100% NEW (No warranty & No case) - eBay (item 350219094910 end time Jul-28-09 00:34:46 PDT) SENNHEISER IE8 EarPhone100% NEW (No warranty & No case) - eBay (item 250453974956 end time Jul-28-09 00:22:56 PDT) or anyone knows a store that deliver's internationally and with similar prices?
what about these ie 8? they're from hong kong, but kinda expensive for a fake :x also no box and warranty SENNHEISER IE8 EarPhone100% NEW (No warranty & No case) - eBay (item 350219094910 end time Jul-28-09 00:34:46 PDT) SENNHEISER IE8 EarPhone100% NEW (No warranty & No case) - eBay (item 250453974956 end time Jul-28-09 00:22:56 PDT)
Do u think phonak's are good for metal? like metallica/megadeth ? because i have a ck7, and it's just awful to hear, they are VERY exagerated in the 4~8k freq range, and it hurt my ears as hell without eq'ing btw, i REALLY don't want to eq on my portable rig if anyone ever had an philips shp805 and could compare... they're much better to my ears than the ck7's i was also thinking about the atrios m5, but i don't like to idea of burn-in anymore
what u guys think about these rmaa results with motorola zn5?(same sound as rokr e8 btw General performanceFrequency response (from 40 Hz to 15 kHz), dB:+0.10, -0.73Good Noise level, dB (A):-83.1Good Dynamic range, dB (A):83.8Good THD, %:0.0033Very good IMD, %:0.035Good Stereo crosstalk, dB:-83.6Very good Intermodulation at 10 kHz, %:76.120Very bad