or Connect

Posts by Tsujigiri

Sorry, looking to reduce the amount of headphones that I have right now.
So I finally got around to getting mine a couple weeks ago. Thanks again @moedawg140 for letting me try yours last year at CanJam. These are easily the best headphones I've had yet. Tried a few others at and above the SE846's price range, but for some reason none of them jumped out at me like these.   I was wary of the swappable tips after finding that my Sleek Audio SA6's (the first IEM's to have this feature) became loose over time, but the metal nozzles on the SE846...
For sale is a pair of Hifiman HE-400 planar headphones. They are in excellent condition and come with the box, 1/4" adapter, papers, cable, carry bag, original pleather pads, and extra velour pads. Shipping to be added on at cost, insurance is on me.
For sale is a lightly used pair of Final Audio Design Heaven VII in ear monitors in black. They are in excellent, fully working condition and have seen very little use. They come with all the original accessories: the box, instructions, metal case, and full size range of silicon tips, plus an extra pair of Comply tips. I've only used the foam tips currently mounted on the headphones and the smallest silicon tip. Very light wear on the metal case, otherwise it looks new....
Anyone see a deal on the Shure SE846?
Just got mine. To me, it sounds bassier than neutral, and definitely bassier than the Zune HD I was using before. I'm noticing a huge difference with full-sized cans like the HD700. Apparently even with an amp the Zune was doing a pitiful job of powering these, whereas the DX90 fares much better.   It looks like I'll want to rerip my CD's in FLAC instead of 320kbps mp3, so what programs do you guys recommend for this? And how can I format it to make sure the DX90 reads...
The way I understand it, you can set it up so that you'll only buy an item if enough people sign up to make the lowest price available. I've never used it, though.
It seems like the samples available at canjam were mostly jazz, so it would be nice to have something different from that. Rather than people's favorite songs, it would be a good idea to use well-mastered tracks within a particular genre that would give fans of that genre an idea of how the headphones perform.   For rock, I've found that Pearl Jam's Yellow Ledbetter is particularly good for gauging soundstage. While not usually the type of music I gravitate towards,...
Got an email this morning. It seems that they left it up to the vendors to contact the winners who weren't there, and the vendors seem to be contacting people at different times. Time for me to read up on Final Audio Design. I've been out of the loop for a while and haven't heard of the brand...
Lol, the gf is already trying to steal it now that she knows I won something. Funny thing is, I brought her and another one of my non-audiophile friends to the event. I wasn't planning on doing the scavenger hunt, but they decided to do it, so I played along. Then after about two signatures they both gave up, and by the time I realized this I only had a few boxes left, so I went ahead and finished it.