Posts by Tsujigiri

The way I understand it, you can set it up so that you'll only buy an item if enough people sign up to make the lowest price available. I've never used it, though.
It seems like the samples available at canjam were mostly jazz, so it would be nice to have something different from that. Rather than people's favorite songs, it would be a good idea to use well-mastered tracks within a particular genre that would give fans of that genre an idea of how the headphones perform.   For rock, I've found that Pearl Jam's Yellow Ledbetter is particularly good for gauging soundstage. While not usually the type of music I gravitate towards,...
Got an email this morning. It seems that they left it up to the vendors to contact the winners who weren't there, and the vendors seem to be contacting people at different times. Time for me to read up on Final Audio Design. I've been out of the loop for a while and haven't heard of the brand...
Lol, the gf is already trying to steal it now that she knows I won something. Funny thing is, I brought her and another one of my non-audiophile friends to the event. I wasn't planning on doing the scavenger hunt, but they decided to do it, so I played along. Then after about two signatures they both gave up, and by the time I realized this I only had a few boxes left, so I went ahead and finished it.
Just got an email that I won something! Or maybe it's a highly convincing April Fool's day joke...
That's actually the one that turned me off of bluetooth speakers. Someone showed me one once and was bragging about how loud it was, but it sounded bad and tinny at all volumes. The waterproof part of it impressed me, but the Riva sounds much better. Riva actually had a Bowers and Wilkins and Bang and Olufsen speaker for comparison while they were showing their speaker, and they had the same problem as the Boom.
I came looking for just IEM's and DAP's, but ended up seeing a lot of interesting things I wouldn't have expected, partly due to the scavenger hunt. My favorite IEM that I tried was actually one not displayed by the show, but lent by moedawg140. Thanks again to him for letting me try his Shure SE846's. I found that the low-pass filter in them made a bigger impression than the obscene number of drivers in some of the other IEM's. Also, I found that Noble's universal IEM's...
 Still pretty niche, although I imagine not so much as in some other parts of the country. A lot of people in Orange County have disposable income for hobbies, so I've spotted some legit audio gear in the wild. Also, a lot of the music industry is based in LA.
 Thanks, just asking because I may be bringing a couple of non-audiophiles. Well, one of them is dragging me to a wedding the day before, so she'd at least better come. Can we come in and out of the event, or is it just one entry?
We can buy tickets at the door on Sunday, right?   Also, does anyone know if the vendors will have the Shure SE846 or iBasso DX90 to try out?