Posts by Tsujigiri

Saw the recent Amazon lightning deal for the $30 Kershaw Speed Bumps and jumped on it. These are a little different from the ones I know; it turns out that this new batch is Chinese-made, has a different torsion bar mechanism, a painted clip, and doesn't have the safety. The finishing of the scales and liners isn't quite as nice as the American models, but it's pretty good. My main complaints would be with the blade, but fortunately I have a couple spare Spec Bump blades...
Hi everyone, I have just bought these two headphones to initiate a couple people I know into the world of audio. Since they are gifts, I can't really open them and try them out, so I was wondering what the difference is between them for those of you who have heard both. Then I can figure out which HP should go to which person. Thanks in advance!
 Assuming you're talking about new pens, I find there is a big difference. The more expensive pens feel heftier and more solid, and are better tuned in terms of nib feel and feed flow. But I do like larger pens, which cost quite a bit more when they have premium materials and build. If your preference is for smaller pens, you can find very nice examples at lower prices.
I do think a lot of companies overcharge for ballpens considering they don't have gold nibs or complicated filling mechanisms. But ballpoints definitely have their place and you have to use them every once in a while (to loan to people, for carbon copies, glossy paper, when your FP acts up or runs dry). And somehow I don't feel like a true pen aficionado using a disposable as my go-to ballpoint. Also there are differences in refills; Montblanc's refills seem particularly...
Not as pricey as Montblanc's precious plastic lol. Their ballpoints are great pens, but I probably wouldn't have mine if it hadn't been given to me. I have been pretty impressed with the value of the Countycomm titanium ballpoint, though. It's well-built, very durable, uses a space pen cartridge, and was available for under $100. I'll try to get a picture of it later. Ballpoints aren't usually my thing, but they make great backups for when your FP runs out of ink or...
Arms are a little thicker on the ones in the link, but after seeing the better pic it looks like they are just Ray-Bans from the lens logo. Must be a different model as their classic aviator has a taller, less rounded lens. I wouldn't be surprised if it was heavily based off the OP Benedict, actually. Both are Luxottica companies, and Lux often takes popular frames from one brand and rebrands them under one of their many other brands. FWIW, though, I have both a pair of...
Hard to tell exactly from such a small pic, but the lens profile looks a lot like Oliver Peoples Benedicts, or a pair that's trying to be the OP Benedict. If you can get a shot of the temple it would be a lot easier to tell.
 Or wait for the new Rangeman. It has the newest Protrek sensor, but in a G-shock.
Alright, I'm going to officially join gun-fi soon. I've been shooting for a while, but I just use my dad's guns and don't have any of my own yet. Tonight I placed my first order for gun parts that I will use to make my first gun. I'll wait for the Black Friday sales for the other parts, but Midway had a sale just now for first time customers so I jumped on it. Anyway, I'm planning to do an AR-15 build and go balls to the walls with the components. I've learned from all my...
I usually go with warm water that has a couple drops of dishwashing fluid in it and let it soak overnight. It successfully brought 4 vintage pens from the 70's and 50's back to life for me.