Posts by 563

Great - JRiver is very good, but it can be difficult to figure out how to maneuver through it.
where it says 'convert format' (at the bottom left of the screen) there should be a link for "options" (bottom left of the screen). click that and you'll get a pop up.  at the bottom of the pop up you have another link (an arrow pointing down) for "bit depth" - that's where you enter 16 bits instead of 24 (my default is 24, so I have to manually change that to 16).  wish I could do a screen shot to show you.   let me know if that works ...
I've been away for awhile, so please send me to the right thread if it's already been answered, but my question is, is there such an adapter (aftermarket or otherwise?) that will fit an ipod touch 5 WITH the case on it, so that I can hook it up to my Ray Samuels SR-71A or sit it on my ALO dock without wobbling problems?  I understand that fit is an issue with ipod covers, so perhaps there's an aftermarket one that someone can recommend?  I am thinking about as short an...
thanks Tom!  Tentatively leaving for Asia on April 25, but if it gets delayed or cancelled, I'll definitely be there - 
Darn, I think I'll be in Nepal for work then, but if not ...
pm on speak low...
Thanks - I just successfully converted a 96-24 FLAC to 44.1-16 ALAC in one step with JRiver20.   There are two things to do, apparently - one is that, before you convert, load 16 bits instead of (at least with mine) the 24 bit default.  Then change the output sample rate for 44.1 (in my case, it's 96 in and then changing the 'out' to 44.1).  It creates a second file in my c: drive (I think), but doesn't wipe out (I hope) my FLAC file. I don't rename the new file - I think...
It's a learning curve alright :)  Well, I managed to do one full downsample (Joni Mitchell - Hejira) from 96-24 to 44.1-16 and get it on to my iTouch 3, but it took a while!  I actually did it all through JRiver20 - hopefully it'll get easier as I do more of these - thanks for all your help!
Thank you! this is very helpful. Now, anyone have an idea how to do this using only JRiver20 as well?
Thanks again. So another dumb question by "unzipping' an ALAC or FLAC file to WAV, do you lose any info? Is "lossless" truly lossless if compressed? And finally, by down sampling, you don't lose tge original lossless 96/24 file - you just create a new additional file, correct?