Posts by stevenswall

Sorry for the subject confusion... I mean to say that after using my M50 daily for a few weeks, as well as my even "bassy-er" Sennheiser HD238, he thought the Beats line was trash. I ended up defending the Pro's actually and having him try them out... He wasn't impressed.
^Don't worry. You're not the only one. I had a roommate rave about them at BYUI, and after taking another one to B-Buy and comparing the Beats line to my M50, he concluded that they were 'trash.' Unless the Vektr sounds radically different compared to the Pro, Studio, Inspiration, Solo, Solo HD, etc. I'm thinking it wouldn't stand a chance against a similarly prices audiophile/actual studio/monitoring headphone.
^Tell them you will split the cost. Just because you own a flagship doesn't give you the replacement upgrade with each new generation as yours breaks. I know that Shure did something with their newer models where if you sent in your old flagship and $100, they would give you the new one. (Which is a huge discount... I would try something similar for the UE900.)
Something to read for those considering cables for their Ultimate Ears TripleFi 10, or any other headphone/earphone for that matter, if a sound improvement is what you are after: http://www.innerfidelity.com/content/headphone-cable-measurements-part-one-page-2  
I've not heard a lot about the new pads, and whether or not they fit the old sets of headphones... Does anyone know whether the AD900x pads in particular would fit a regular AD900? If so, are they deeper, and do they prevent ones ear from touching the driver as typically happens with the AD900.
^If you plan on wearing them with the cables down, don't expect them to seal for long in your ear, an in turn, when they don't seal, don't expect them to sound any better than earbuds that come with most DAP's... Many people have fit problems as it it, and the cable pulling down on them will only make it worst. (Not to mention there is a stiff bit of memory wire to deal with too, which is made to loop over your ear.) My advice to you would be to do the 'flip flop' mod...
Do the W1k and AD2k have the same basic cup shape as the AD900 with the larger plastic piece in the back? Pictures would be great too if anyone has this setup! I've taken to bolstering my AD900 pads with foam can insulators cut into half circles.
  It doesn't sound harsh to me, though compared to a warm or bass heavy sound, I can see how something that is fairly neutral would sound bright and harsh. I don't think FR charts are the last word in sound, but I do find that they often have valuable information. I'd actually say the Mc5 is about equal to a Westone UM1 that I owned for a few weeks, and that I like the sound of either one of those over the SE535 from what I can remember. The SE535 and the Ultrasone...
It hurts my head too... I think if one were to put a strip of material under the headband, this would help. As it stands the two seams on either side of the headband dig into my scalp, and I have a moderate amount of hair. If only they had though to put the stitched seam somewhere it wouldn't dig into peoples heads! It's terrible after about 30 minutes. Usually I'll try to ignore it, but it just gets worse, and eventually I switch to my AD900.
^The PortaPro's are what got me started!   ...I lost them at a bowling center and thus began my hifi journey! (I actually ended up purchasing them again, simply because I like their unique sound, and missed them.)