Posts by estreeter

I completely get that, but is it any more boring than waiting for impressions of Yggdrasil from someone who actually has one in their possession ? If you go back to one of the few genuinely 'important' posts in the last 50 or so pages, @Baldr made it clear that he had a thrash ahead of him in the leadup to RMAF and a lot more work after Denver - other than some brief impressions from the show, we've got nuthin'. I suspect that we're all subscribed to threads where the...
 An unwinnable debate, like many in this subjective hobby, but I wonder how Bryston can offer a 20-year warranty on most of the products if spending the first 100 hours running in a new component is going to bring it 'that much closer to end of life failure'. There are people on Audiokarma with receivers and amps from the 70s and 80s which have had nothing more than the caps replaced - in some cases they haven't even done that. if the minimum one can hope for with...
I suspect that Schiit would treat this with their usual irreverence but I think there is room in their FAQ for a discussion of burn-in.   Q: How long does it take to "burn in" Theta Digital products?  A: In addition to the 100 hours of burn it time each component receives at the factory, additional burn in time of Theta Digital products varies. In each case, it is recommended to run a signal through the unit, rather than simply turning the unit's power switch to the "On"...
 Next you'll be telling us Burr-Brown havent made a single chip in 14 years ;) http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Burr-Brown_Corporation  Frightening to think that chip is older than some Head-Fiers, but given the nostalgia that some here seem to have for some of the older DACs perhaps that's not an entirely bad thing. 
If Yggy sounds as good as it's ever going to sound straight from the box or after 30 or so minutes, then thats fantastic - the source I'm listening to atm didn't and it may well have been that it's taken this long for my brain to adjust to this much detail being dredged from music that I thought I knew. I also wanted to ensure that the caps in the output stage had enough hot-cold cycles to settle down - I believe I've now reached a point where both caps and grey matter are...
 As Jerry Seinfeld would say 'Not that there's anything wrong with that !' 
 Rob Watts dedicated a lot of keystrokes to this aspect of the Hugo's design in the main Hugo thread - he is also adamant that all we are doing when we connect a dedicated headlamp is add unnecessary coloration to the sound and a few fanboys picked that up and ran with it.  That said, I'd like to know how many hours were on the Hugo units some here describe as 'thin' - that definitely isn't what i heard from either my Audeze phones or the Fidelio X1 - YMMV. The HD800 is an...
Al, I'm very close to pulling the pin on the micro - have loved the nano from day one but told myself I would hold off for the iDSD mini desktop version. Given that I have virtually everything else that iFi make, I figure I may as well just get the iRack+micro and be done with it. Paired with my Alpha PS1 powered monitors this would make a killer desktop rig in a small apartment - other than the USB cable I'm enjoying my little iFi stack.    I second your call on JRMC -...
 No I havent, but how does that change any of what Currawong had to say ? I'm not here to debate the merits of DAC A vs DAC B, but that was a balanced and insightful post from someone who has heard more gear than I ever will. Let's get back to the Yggy - at least that's the focus of my remaining interest in this thread, 
More on this discovery in the fullness of time