Posts by estreeter

You again ;) To the best of my knowledge, the Fazor was introduced with the LCD-X and LCD-XC - that automatically makes them all Fazor models. As to whether or not there is more than one version of the LCD-X, I'll leave that to Tyll and the others who periodically plot frequency curves to reveal something Audeze arent telling us, but at this stage I believe there is only one version. Anyone ?  
 I fear you may be about to embark on a journey marked by profound disappointment if you are expecting the differences to 'leap out' at you. As Rob has pointed out on several occasions, the biggest difference for him is simply that Toslink sounds more natural than the other connection options - granted, he does give extensive technical background to his preference, but it's still his personal preference. Many of us who've tried coax prefer coax, and quite a few who've...
We're dancing around the elephant in the room here - even with the reviews and clearly world-class build quality, how many of us would seriously consider the Abyss even if the price was 50% less than it is now ?   Here we have a headphone which *might* remove the need to sit in a queue at Headamp for ~6 months but most of us would agree that it's got to be one of the nastiest looking contraptions ever devised - that headband is straight out of the 1940s but clearly the...
Let's approach this VFM question from a slightly different angle - how many single boxes could you throw in a backpack with a laptop, your cable of choice, a pair of good headphones, and expect to blow minds ? I'm not even talking serious Head-Fiers who want to pore over every note from a series of impeccably recorded hi-res albums (they're out there ..) - I'm talking people who didn't know their iTunes downloads or favourite YT vids could ever sound this good. Whatever...
 Agreed. We're now sliding into late-July so I've had the X1 for a couple of months - admittedly I spend most of my time with more expensive desktop gear (for me, the Hugo is transportable at best) but every time I come back to the X1 with a pair of cans like the Fidelio X1 I am blown away by the --fun-- equation for the dollars spent. Where something like the Hugo+Taurus combination kicks in is when I want to listen to more complex music with the HD800s, but for those who...
 Thanks for that - can't remember if you posted in my 'HE-6 vs PM-1' thread but its all good. 
 IMO - and I haven't heard all the totl cans - its hard to go past the LCD-X straight out of the Hugo. 
 I never put much creedence in any claim of that nature even when I'm looking for a pair of easy-to-drive iems. There is a huge difference between 'needing an amp to shine' and 'benefiting from an external amp' - to date, the Hugo is the only source where I've had to concede that the addition of an external amp may not be necessary for the majority of cans (I still want the Taurus with my HD800s)
The main issue I have with the concept of 'TOTL' headphones is that those goalposts seem to move roughly once every 6 months unless you live exclusively in the 'stat universe. I remember when the LCD-2 was released and suddenly HD800 owners realised they couldnt live with the Senn treble response, then the LCD2 was 'too dark' when Beyer released a slew of new cans and we were all floored last year (from memory) when we saw the sticker on the Abyss. As of right now, my...
Based on the last 20 or so posts, I think I'll just stick with my LCD-X and HD800s  ;)