Posts by estreeter

Look, you either get Justin or you don't. Personally, I was pretty peeved when I realised that you not only have to fork out serious dollars for one of his amps (particularly after the GS-1 disappeared), you have to wait in a lengthy queue. The thing is that he doesn't do anything by half measures - the guy is a perfectionist. *If* a GS-1, GS-X or BHSE appears for sale - here or elsewhere - it's sold in a matter of hours, and I've yet to see a single complaint re his...
Thanks Jason - appreciate the advice on both fronts.   @Armaegis, I agree 100%, and it definitely wasn't my intent to slag off t-amps : I am a massive fan of Class D for those of us who live in cramped apartments, particularly in the Tropics.  From the end of this month, I get just two seasons per year : dry and wet. I was going to prefix those with 'hot', but it's a bit redundant .....   http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Climate_of_Malaysia#Climate   I chose the humble...
 I really hope you meant to type 2013 ......   :gulp:
Jason, if you're still monitoring this thread, can you please advise re the extent to which Ragnarok has been biased for Class A operation on the desktop:   A.  only slightly - it will get warm, but that's life - the sonics make it worth a little heat B.  heavily - you definitely need to watch ventilation and you may need a pedestal fan after 30 minutes or so if you don't have aircon C. dude, it's a space heater : real men learn to deal, but you might be happier with a...
Thanks radiohead.
I stand by what I typed earlier - party pooper or no. Those of us who are keen to get actual updates on the shipping date(s) of new product dont share your sentiment re the 'fun of Head-Fi'. Perfect world, there would be two threads - one locked down to updates from Jason and this one for the aforementioned frivolity.
Mike, I came here to escape the audiophilia nervosa around Yggdrasil/Ragnarok and you're telling me the 'Schiit stack rocks !'. Way to ease my pain, old buddy.   You, as much as anyone else here, know how serious this illness is - for the love of God, man  ;)
Mods, any chance of a thread cleanup ? Anything that isn't directly relevant to either of the products we are allegedly discussing should be wiped, IMO. We saw much the same frivolity in the leadup to various HiFiMan and iBasso releases : I completely get it, but it wont make life any easier for people trying to find Jason's posts (the only REAL info in this thread beyond the OP's specs) in the middle of this monster. No disrespect to those who are just trying to fill in...
My only concern re keeping Ragnarok on the desktop is the thermal envelope - hopefully, I'll find out sooner rather than latter how well that works in practice.
  Sounds to me like he wasnt the only one inclined to get a little snippy - I'm sorry, but that last para reeks of elitism. Even though I *do* want to run speaker cables from the back of this amp, I'm prepared to sit it on my desktop, even in Malaysia's tropical heat : if it proves unworkable, I'll have to look at other options.  Seeing pics of audiophiles with marine batteries and other oddities in their living rooms, I've learnt not to sweat the small stuff. If...