Posts by estreeter

Now that the link has been posted here, we can expect the bidding to heat up further.   
Everyone gets hung up on birds of prey but they arent the only birds with an arsenal. Went to a bird park in Kuala Lumpur a few years back and initially laughed at the cartoonish image of a kid running from a bird while it tried to tear his scalp off - that was before I entered the Toucan enclosure. Anyone raised on Sam Toucan in the Fruit Loops commercials needs to see one of these things in the flesh - that beak is something out of Jurassic Park and they are scary in...
 Wednesday night at the latest - you heard it here first. If Mike can get it done Monday night, I get to drive a supermodel in a Vette around the track at any NASCAR event I choose for the next 20 years. You will also be required to address me as 'Your Eminence' from that point forward. 
OK - I know why i had zero sleep last night, but clearly I'm not the only one who needs to chill out. I'll rejoin this discussion when I've had some shuteye. 
Great - now the mods are razzing one another - this is going to be a very long 4 months for some, methinks. 
 Does it alter the sample rate of the source material on the fly ? My understanding is that this is the last thing Mike wanted to do.  The NAD resamples everything you throw in its direction and converts it to a pulse-width-modulation (PWM) signal, the native format for DSD, at a sampling rate of 844kHz, all controlled by a clock running at 108MHz. It doesn't care if you want this done or not—it just does...
I seem to recall that the M51 is the exact opposite of NOS DACs like the Yggy - from memory, it upsamples everything to 384kHz, regardless of the original bitrate. At the time, it was very highly regarded here - I did hear one briefly in a NAD showroom in Bangkok but the ambient noise made any attempt to get a feel for the all-NAD / PSB rig a complete waste of time. 
 Hmmm - what would it be worth to you if I could give you a 3-hour window when I believe it will available ? These psychic powers might be worth something after all  
 Other than the color, no. Chord have made it very clear that the black version has exactly the same internals. 
Sold - thanks to all who responded.