Posts by homeros8000

Jeanne Dielman, 23 Quai du Commerce, 1080 Bruxelles     This is the most boring movie of all time. I challenge any person to watch it without fast forward!
Still accepting offers.
If you have a good offer please send me a PM. I'm in the market for a pair.
  Actually I shipped it this morning. Even with the improvement it's making it doesn't worth 200 bucks IMO. I'd rather pay that money for another HP. But for those who believe that the K702 is the ultimate HP I believe they'll be happy with that upgrade.
Thanks Acix! I appreciate your advice. Actually I've been using the K701/2 in the past 2-3 years, I jumped into vintage AKGs only recently and I'm really surprised by the difference. The K702 is more advanced than the K400, K340 in resolution and detail retrieval but it doesn't sound as relaxed and fun as the other two. The Cardas makes a noticeable improvement for sure but not for $200. And for those who don't like the K702 it's not recommended to invest in those...
I'm doing a comparison right now. I feel like the original cable feels more natural sounding. I'll keep you posted.
No Acix, there is improvement but it doesn't sound right. That's what I meant. I can't put a finger on it though.
After further comparison, I decided to return the cable. It sounds slightly more detailed but at the same time totally unnatural. 
After some hesitation, I decided to upgrade my K702 with the Cardas Fat Pipe Cable sold by Headroom. I read multiple reviews about the AKG K702 cable upgrade bringing those cans to another level. I had my doubts of course, but I kind of forced myself to bite the bullet and decided to give it a try, especially with Headroom generous 30 days satisfaction guarantee.   I received the cable this afternoon, it was shipped very fast by UPS two days air. It doesn't feel very...