Posts by samsquanch

My first suggestion would be to clean up your wiring, a good rule of thumb is keeping wires, carrying voltages with a peak to peak difference of 10 or more, at least 1 foot (30cm) apart.  A quick google search for Hong Kong wall voltage is 220VAC, your audio inputs, which we'll err on the safe side, at 1.5v is a difference of 146, even your outputs, run wide open at 8x gain (12v) would be a difference of 18.  So all that said, if you have the ability do a reading off...
  BWI!  That's about 10 minutes from where I work, very familiar with the unpleasantness that is that pit...     About 10 years ago when I flew all the time for work, I would use these trips as an excuse to hit up small used music instrument shops and buy weird/rare effects pedals, which I would then have to shove into a tool bag that was already full of electrical tools and scrap bits of wire.  When I got to the airport I would toss my bag on the conveyor along with...
Carcass - Reek Of Putrefaction
  If it was destroying headphones you would have definitely heard about it by now.  Don't know if I'd call it the best ever, but it's definitely up there.
Reek is fine as it is.  It's a raw gore grind masterpiece.  Whether the band was happy with it or not is of no consequence, once they released it to the world, it is forever that album.  It's akin to saying, "Man I wish the Mona Lisa was a little more tan and had different colored eyes."  Sure you can change those things, but then you lose the original presentation.   If Reek didn't sound so blown out, muddy and sloppy, then, to me, it just wouldn't be as amazing as...
  Very possible, kind of like a Savoy Brown or Dead Moon, for me at least.
  Ok finally got a chance to listen, and as the trend with Voivod goes, I don't care for it, but then again, I stop listening after War And Pain and Rrroooaaarrr.  I should really stop expecting bands that put out one or two records in the beginning of their career to ever go back to that style when they got successful doing something else...
  A buddy of mine posted this on facebook last night, I'm kind of bummed about it, it's totally ripping, but the vocals are just sooooo weak!  I wish they would have done a smoother progression from black metal throat screaming to singing, maybe a nice Lemmy vocal style era?     I'd call it more black and roll, kind of like death and roll but not awful.  Bar rock songs funneled through the forests of Norway.  
    Out of all their other albums, which would you say it's most like?  Or maybe which could be seen as a stepping stone to this album.
  Discogs, Ebay, Metal Labels websites, and when smaller bands go on tour, they will often have a chunk of their catalog for sale, sometimes even on vinyl!  You can also search out metal record stores, they're not everywhere but they exist, google will help with that one.  Chaos in Texas is happening in May, I'm not sure how close you are to that, but with large festivals there are often distros set up selling cds, vinyl, shirts, patches and plenty of random crap, kind of...