Posts by koonhua90

Since you like the Heaven S so much, is the AKG 3003 still staying? I am looking to get some cheaper iems too, and the Heaven C and Heaven S looks very interesting to me.
Do you guys feel that with iems, there are always new iems coming out, be it custom or universal, as compared to headphones.    As a whole, I feel that iems development is always sizzling, and in some ways, always exciting and on-going. Of course headphone development is no less exciting or involving per say, but the iems thread is always whizzing by, and that made me feel that iems development is, in a sense, more volatile as compared to headphones. Of course, I...
  I see. So, potential annoyance with the cable that comes out from the back of the housing. I will note that down.   I usually wear my earphones cable down so it shouldn't annoy me much, as long as it is comfortable and isolate well enough (by well, I mean at least on par or better than acrylic ciem).
Oh my you have the Tea earphone coming in!     I was thinking of getting the Ortofon e-Q5 from Amazon JP, and then I saw the FAD Heaven IV there. I guess I will wait a little bit to see how you think of it.
    As good as the Stax, and I will be happy 
Thanks ljoker. At the price of about $280 (right now $248 on musicaacoustics), the e-Q5 don't look that enticing to me.    But if I buy through Amazon Jp, and use Tenso to forward it to me, the total comes down to less than $200. At that price it becomes much more attractive. I think I can make compromise with whatever possible shortcomings that the e-Q5 might have. I realized while I am on-the-go, there is always environmental noise and I don't need the best...
Anyone here have heard the Ortofon e-Q5? I am going to get it at the end of this week or early next week. Considering the fact that it will only cost me $190 buying from Japan using Tenso, I am leaning towards e-Q5.   The frequency response looks quite ok here: http://sonove.angry.jp/ortofoneq7.html, although I would prefer it to be smoother on the treble. 
    Thanks for the advice. I have narrowed down to the e-Q5, GR-07 and am looking at the Yamaha EPH-100. I don't really like the shape of the dual flange tips though. How do these 3 compare to each other?   I don't have the FX-700 now, but if I have it I might think that it's slightly bassy. And I do have the Ety HF5, which have slightly less bass quantity than what I consider as natural sounding. I am also looking at the RE-272, but I am just worried about the cable...
I am looking for something better than the HF5, since I sold my JH16. It was a love hate relationship with it, in my case, the build and comfort wasn't terribly good, and the sound was a tad too bassy for my liking.    I had the IE8 and SM3 and sold both of them. The IE8 had too much of a midbass hump and a midrange that is too distant sounding. The SM3 for me, was too thick and lacking air, especially in the midrange. The only iem that I really liked was the FX-700,...
^ It seems that I have seen that Dalai Lama quote quite a few times on 9gag...