Posts by koonhua90

Thanks for the links. One problem I realized when reading reviews, is that unless it's someone like Joe or Joker with a lot of CIEMs and IEMs, it is hard to know how good the thing being reviewed is, especially in the case of CIEM. The scale for comparison is just not very clear. I am waiting for Joe to get his Heir Audio 8.A so I can get a general idea of how Heir Audio's CIEM compare to the rest.   On the other hand, I am also waiting for the 3 loaners from James to...
  The thread on 1964Ears has gotten quite large, and I couldn't find much review on the 1964Ears Quad. Mind showing me a few impression/review post?
  Ah well, it was a love hate relationship with it. A tumultuous one. Over time I began to find out what I really want, tonally. I have a target response now for whatever I buy.   Plus, the JH16 doesn't portray depth that well. Joe pointed out this. A lot of Jh16 owner won't like to admit this, but over time it dawned on me.   The complaint with the sound is a minor one. I could live with that. The problem is, as compared to the other CIEM I have seen here, the build...
  Actually, I have never ever posted a single post there.    For some reasons, some of the animes that are really popular in Japan, aren't really that popular here, especially in my school. I guess the people in my school are just a bit too nerdy... On the other hand, recently I am really tempted to get CIEM again. Joe gave a glowing review for the Hidition NT-6, but why is there such a high peak on the freq response at 10kHz (http://en.goldenears.net/6364). Too bad the...
I don't think I have ever posted music links from Youtube. So here's a few. Sankarea's (on-going anime) OP (only a short clip), nano.RIPE's 絵空事.   Another song that I quite like. OP from Accel World, another anime currently on-going. Chase the World by May'n.   I have always like Jrock band with female singers. Do as Infinity, Chatmonchy, Kishida Kyoudan & the Akeboshi Rockets, and the now disbanded High and Mighty Color. I love their last PV, Re:ache....
Hmm...should I go ahead and put myself on the participant roster? I don't have much of anything though...only an Ety and a Stax.   Actually, I will be getting new IEMs soon, right now I am pondering if I should get the UERM. I will get to hear it on 2nd June, and can decide whether to get it or not. But it most probably won't come until after the 1 month's period is over. I have some loaners from James coming soon, maybe as a token of appreciation, I can do a...
  I will be done by next week. Few more days to go. But now is all the fun stuff. My final project is an acoustic light switch, basically like a clap-on-off switch, but I am using ultrasonic frequency. It's a Zenith Space Command TV remote control from 40 years ago.   Now we have an analog circuit that works, with pre-amp, analog filter, and some ICs. But I want to go one step further and build another digital circuit (all built using discrete components, of course I...
YEAH. I just came out from my last exam of my college life. Like a boss, I studied less than 1 day for it. Now preparing to get bad grades for it.  What is left now, is just to write a 4000 characters Jap essay, finish up final project and I am done with school. CONGRATS ME everyone!!!    And btw, Lee730 (I am also a Lee), personally I don't think that using different players will result in different sound, if it's bit perfect playback with volume matched. Still it's...
  Same here, got the disk for 3 bucks. Shipping about 3 bucks. Weird thing is that the disk comes from some recycling management place in Kentucky.    Oh...1500 posts now. Now I'm a phony headphoneus.
  Hmm I am actually not 100% sure, for mine I leave my bitdepth at 24 bits, because that is my hardware native bits. Oh, I just checked the place that you checked, and it seems that mine is outputtting as 32 bits too.   Oh well, I don't really care since it's ASIO and it's lossless playback anyway. Here is some info on the bitdepth on Jriver: http://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Audio_Bitdepth   Seems like it uses the highest bitdepth that the hardware can support. On ASIO,...