Posts by koonhua90

The thread on 1964Ears has gotten quite large, and I couldn't find much review on the 1964Ears Quad. Mind showing me a few impression/review post?
  Ah well, it was a love hate relationship with it. A tumultuous one. Over time I began to find out what I really want, tonally. I have a target response now for whatever I buy.   Plus, the JH16 doesn't portray depth that well. Joe pointed out this. A lot of Jh16 owner won't like to admit this, but over time it dawned on me.   The complaint with the sound is a minor one. I could live with that. The problem is, as compared to the other CIEM I have seen here, the build...
  Actually, I have never ever posted a single post there.    For some reasons, some of the animes that are really popular in Japan, aren't really that popular here, especially in my school. I guess the people in my school are just a bit too nerdy... On the other hand, recently I am really tempted to get CIEM again. Joe gave a glowing review for the Hidition NT-6, but why is there such a high peak on the freq response at 10kHz (http://en.goldenears.net/6364). Too bad the...
I don't think I have ever posted music links from Youtube. So here's a few. Sankarea's (on-going anime) OP (only a short clip), nano.RIPE's 絵空事.   Another song that I quite like. OP from Accel World, another anime currently on-going. Chase the World by May'n.   I have always like Jrock band with female singers. Do as Infinity, Chatmonchy, Kishida Kyoudan & the Akeboshi Rockets, and the now disbanded High and Mighty Color. I love their last PV, Re:ache....
Hmm...should I go ahead and put myself on the participant roster? I don't have much of anything though...only an Ety and a Stax.   Actually, I will be getting new IEMs soon, right now I am pondering if I should get the UERM. I will get to hear it on 2nd June, and can decide whether to get it or not. But it most probably won't come until after the 1 month's period is over. I have some loaners from James coming soon, maybe as a token of appreciation, I can do a...
  I will be done by next week. Few more days to go. But now is all the fun stuff. My final project is an acoustic light switch, basically like a clap-on-off switch, but I am using ultrasonic frequency. It's a Zenith Space Command TV remote control from 40 years ago.   Now we have an analog circuit that works, with pre-amp, analog filter, and some ICs. But I want to go one step further and build another digital circuit (all built using discrete components, of course I...
YEAH. I just came out from my last exam of my college life. Like a boss, I studied less than 1 day for it. Now preparing to get bad grades for it.  What is left now, is just to write a 4000 characters Jap essay, finish up final project and I am done with school. CONGRATS ME everyone!!!    And btw, Lee730 (I am also a Lee), personally I don't think that using different players will result in different sound, if it's bit perfect playback with volume matched. Still it's...
  Same here, got the disk for 3 bucks. Shipping about 3 bucks. Weird thing is that the disk comes from some recycling management place in Kentucky.    Oh...1500 posts now. Now I'm a phony headphoneus.
  Hmm I am actually not 100% sure, for mine I leave my bitdepth at 24 bits, because that is my hardware native bits. Oh, I just checked the place that you checked, and it seems that mine is outputtting as 32 bits too.   Oh well, I don't really care since it's ASIO and it's lossless playback anyway. Here is some info on the bitdepth on Jriver: http://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Audio_Bitdepth   Seems like it uses the highest bitdepth that the hardware can support. On ASIO,...
  Hmm...I am not sure about that part. I just leave it at 24 bits. In Tools -> Option -> Audio -> DSP & output format, it says ASIO bypasses that and uses hardware native bitdepth.   One more thing, you can choose the view by pressing Ctrl + 1 to 5. The theater view looks amazing, it will take up the whole screen so it's not very practical, unless you are listening to music only.