Posts by koonhua90

There is a 3 dots Braille thingy on the left side, at the front of where it says HD 600. That's how one can differentiate left and right in the dark. I have always been confused until I found the dots.
 Put it this way, I think if I am listening to classicals, or listening to music at a very low volume, I'd prefer the stock green filters. At louder volume where our hearing curves flatten out, I'd prefer the red filters more. With the red filter, the ER4S is still less dark than the HD 600.
I think if one has money, save up and skip all the mid range stuff. Stick with the ER4-S + custom tips and get a pair of Stax SR-009. Listening to electrostats has always been quite the revelation for me.
None of the provided stock tips sound as good as the custom tips, as the bores are too small. Even with custom tips, there are differences. I have two pairs, one with longer bores, one with shorter bores. The one with shorter bores sound better, as it allows a deeper insertion and as a result, has a more spherical soundstage.
I have the same problem. Right side cut out after about 3 months of use. Although build quality isn't that great, their customer service is good and I got a replacement pair.
No not really. Shouldn't be hard to remove the filters using the remover that Ety provided.
OK...I thought the filters come in pairs, but nope you have to buy each of them. Each is each. I bought 3 reds...   The stock filters have plastic housing. The Knowles filters have metal housing. Those things are tiny. Since it's metal it's tougher to put it into the earphones. Some force is needed.   Just started listening, nothing significantly different, perhaps a tinge more warmth, and the bass is a bit more prominent now, compared to the rest of the spectrum.
  Did you use the same audiologist? Maybe should try another one.   Based on some graphs here, http://sonove.angry.jp/FitEarToGo334.html, it does seem like the ER4S rolls off to close to 6dB SPL down to 30Hz.   Are you running stock green filters? I have some red 2.2kohm coming today, maybe that'll make the bass slightly more prominent.   I am talking about amps with flat response. ER4S has 100 ohm impedance, so an amp is somewhat needed.   Earphones are good, but they...
  Then you might have had a bad earmold done. I am talking about custom tips, not custom earphones. And the material that's used to make the tips makes quite a bit of differences too. There're acrylic, vinyl, silicone, etc. Mine are heat activated vinyl tips from Westone. I got 2 pairs for the price of 1, and that's nice of Westone. I once had the JH16, and the fit on that was awful. So in regards to custom stuff, there're more variables that affect the fit, one...
Why not just get custom tips and be happy?     Less discomfort than rubber tips, and no itchiness on the skin. It's not the easiest thing to achieve the same seal everytime and therefore, same SQ everytime listening to the ER4 using conventional tips. With the Westone tips that I have, once it heats up to body temp it just disappears. It's just easy peasy pop and go.   The velour pad on the HD600 is supremely comfortable too. I could sleep with it.   The...