Posts by extrabigmehdi

Just stumbled on this "classical" album, listening to it now.       I  think it's perfect . It's varied , there's some schuman, elgar,faure, tchaikovsky, mendelsohn, saens, satie ,offenbach, mozart, gluck, brahms..... The instruments are varied : flutes, guitar, piano, violin etc..  I  see some of the "big names" in the credits (john eliot gardiner, maria-joao pires etc ). It's 100% soothing,  and relatively easy to listen. All tracks are short ...  (ideally...
Perhaps, but for those that do not know much about  classical , and just want to take a quick listen  at the best stuff, those stars might help.Well, that's my reasoning .
 At classicstoday.com , they give importance to both ratings : sound quality & performance.And one trick to find "good" recordings, is to  perform a serach and look at all rcordings that are rated 10 for both. Also, there was a time I was paying attention to "SPARS Code" but I realized that DDD is not the warranty of good sound quality.I just don't care of 96khz/ 24 bit, I prefer to have more hard drive space available.
AAC shows some superiority only for low bitrates.  At the bitrate people usually use (above 128 kps), mp3 is as good , and has the big advantage to be compatible with most hardware.I also just want to pointed out, that there are different mp3 encoders; and regarding mp3 compression at least, Lame is considered as a reference .  If you want to perform a proper blind test, there's a faq at hydrogenaudio :http://www.hydrogenaud.io/forums/index.php?showtopic=16295 It's a bit a...
Depending of the music , and also the encoder used ....   Lame encoder, is almost  the "reference" today. Yeah 128 kps is not that bad, although I prefer to stick to a minimum of 192 kps. And actually I only use VBR now (when I need it).I think people won't notice difference  with some soppy smooth jazz at 128 kps .....
Use the abx comparator, that's the proper way to perform a blind test. Background noise has more impact for me than a $1000+ equipment. You'd see people succeeding hard blind test with cheap audio equipment. It's not obvious at all.
Underestimating the power of placebo is a common mistake. Either you perform the blind test properly, or you might just be misled.
Hi, I didn't believe it , when I saw that the cable of my hd800 cracked in many place with time, and there's  even bad connection problem . I don't know how it happened, and if it's a known flaw of the hd800 cable .... I didn't have such problem previously with other headphone.  Anyways I need to replace the cable, as there's no pleasure in listening  a headphone that is muting from time to time , in one side.   So what I need to find a replacement cable for my...
Sorry to mention the hd800 even it's quite above the limit you mentioned. The fact is that I completely damaged the cable of it, and it's not so easy to get a new one from where I live.Eh, even if you spend a lot, you realize there can be crappy parts.
I  love Kyary Pamyu Pamyu (kind of joyful, japanese dance pop). She recently released the album Pika Pika Fantajin.     And a single from the album, very nice video: