Posts by extrabigmehdi

Yeah, didn't have the problem again too. I use regular driver, but also a bit more speakers.
I  bought recently my XB500, and I  like them quite a lot. They are great for listening techno, the words "smooth bass" comes to my mind, the xb500 handle  the mid-bass effortlessly .... But I  find the sub-bass lacking, and almost muted, so it's not 100% perfect for techno. Otherwise I  find them very comfy too, and I  use them to watch film on my tablet, in my bed before sleeping.
Thanks, for sharing this experience, I was a bit afraid to do this before. I used a pin to remove the metal caging & "black screen" (which I think is of metal too).I also used the pin to remove the wax ( although not completely, still a bit dirty).The operation is a bit risky, it's easy to deform the metal mesh, or to "contaminate" the driver with dust/wax. Here the metal mesh removed . I scratched a bit the wax with the pin before I took the pic:  Now the "black screen"...
I think you are confusing the little protecting metal grill , with the driver; you don't see normally the driver. Personally I find just annoying this repeated problem with the eph-100, and I got something similar with my previous senn IE7(although the problem appeared much later). I was using my eph100 mostly in my bed, for viewing film on before sleeping, and I switched to a full size solution.
For me it was the hd800, although it has less aggression/attack which is a matter of taste (test before buy).Less expensive "usual" recommendations , that I didn't try : k701, dt880 (don't know if it superior, but reputation of being detailed).And finally it's perhaps tempting to test the srh1540.Otherwise , just be happy with your srh940, if you are satisfied; you'd save at least some time.
It might not be related to moisture at all. Perhaps changes in temperature. I got a few time the issue, but managed to remake it work after.I'm not using much recently my eph100, I really like my new xb500.
Well perhaps a problem with your source, I  don't know. I  remind someone once complained of distortion, but after boosting the bass from his source. I  personally can boost the bass with eq (I avoid digital clipping by adding some "headroom", i.e reducing volume at the eq level).  Yes my first experience with the srh940 almost made me cry, and unlike you I  couldn't cancel my buy.However, with my little rope trick, I  managed to have the right amount of attack. And I  can...
I'm not aware of any "distorted" bass on the srh940. You may have used any other adjective , as "lacking", or perhaps even muddy, but it's not distorted at all.  Yes the srh940 doesn't produce tons of bass , but IMHO it's in the "good average", for enough people to consider it neutral.About the harsh highs, not everyone experience this, and it's seems related to the distance to the position of the ears in the ear-cups. I've experienced this too, and I  tamed this by adding...
After regarding an historical documentary regarding the cardinal Richelieu (a fascinating character), I  was looking for some music related to that period , and I  was happy to stumble on a box set that seems like a gold mine: "200 Years of Music at Versailles".     I looked at the few reviews available, they seem all positive. The fact that some performance has been done in Versailles, or near , give a little aura of authenticity. I'm listening to the first cd...
The eph100 is getting discontinued, why would they bother to make fakes ... It's not that much popular too.