Posts by Weee

I'd most likely come to this.
  So it has to deal with feel rather than performance? I've always used xbox controller w/ xpadder (3rd party software that lets you customize what every controller button does) and would use the analog sticks when emulating. Never had a problem.
  Hmm, what's so bad about modern dpads? why can't you use the analog sticks?
Hey,   At the april nyc audio show i ended up winning a vpi scout + zephyr cartridge + some pre amp.   MSRP is $3500 for all 3. They've all just been sitting in boxes at my parents house. the cartridge was installed (or whatever) on the tone arm. Unfortunately, i'm out of the country right now so i can't come to this meet, but i'm wondering if anyone would be interested in buying this from a family member/friend of mine?   Idk what to ask for it either, but...
  I wouldn't say the maps were big on mw3. I do agree they were a big part of why the game was terrible though. i have no intentions of getting cod9, after putting days worth of time in the previous 4.   How bad the developers were for mw3 just ruined any love i had for the series.
  Its 5:49 and not a single segment. The TAS (tool assisted speedrun) record is 3:24:49. http://tasvideos.org/1940M.html   TAS are done an emulator but not with a speeder.
  It did make me laugh when i played through SoM ~14 years after i last played it. Game was so hard for me as a kid, but yeah it is easy. I can't recall how difficult SD3 was -- there is a speed run time of 5:49 for it. Someone has one in progress that he claimed he would finish by end of 2011. Hasn't updated his thread.. Speed running rpg is meh, people will grind segments for days worth of playtime. It doesn't impress me as much as single segmenting (no saves).    Never...
  I was told not to even bother getting it by a friend due to the rampant hacking. Is that no longer the case?
Snes is my favorite system. 8 of my 10 favorite games are for it.   They had best selection of rpgs.   Some mentioned already a few that haven't: Super Mario Rpg Lufia Series Secret of Mana (pureland was scary as a kid :P) Breath of Fire series     Anyone here into speed running? I could destroy the current record for Secret of Mana if i was motivated enough to do it. The record is off a PAL version at 5:15.
People actually think there isn't variance in our senses? Reading through one of the linked threads and seeing the term "golden ears" makes me smile. Seems like common sense to me, yet people on this forum are arguing against it.   Have there been any tests done with only blind participants?