Posts by rosgr63

The GR Super 10 is a special build, Glenn offers a similar one check this review:   http://www.tweak-fi.com/apps/blog/show/42754587-building-a-reference-system-part-2-glenn-s-headphone-amplifier   I have never run my GR Super 10 with 5998's yet.   The amps that have the 5998 mod can run them at their optimum. I don't know many amps, apart from Glenn's that have this.   Rule: Amanda is right. Tubes can be very evil and addictive, you have been warned.
Hello there,   The tubes don't have to be matched.   I can use up to 4X6AS7's or 2X6336's or 8X6SN7's or 6X6BL7's and 6/12/25V driver tubes with my GR Super 10.   I have an OTL amp Glenn built for me that can run 2X6AS7's or 2X5998's and has the 5998 mod.   I can run low impedance Grado's with the 6336's or mid/high impedance cans with the other combinations.   I'll let Glenn advise you on the caps etc.   I hope this info helps.
Hello Nathan, You are most welcome. Be aware some of us .........(read ME).........are nuts.I hope you have a good sense of humour!
No rules when it comes to tubes.   What sounds good to you is the best tube, no matter how little it costs. 
I consider the TS 6F8G Black Glass Flat Plates as a decent cheaper alternative.
The Hytron is a nice tube, you'll like it I am sure.
Rarer still, I think are the RCA CRC 38142 with Nickel Plates
 Telefunken 6SN7, Swedish Standard 33S30 and other rare tubes are also sold privately and never make their way to ebay. Despite the high prices they demand they are not necessarily ALL that better than other tubes. A lot depends on the system and personal preferences. Finally don't forget there is a European Black Glass Round Plates 6SN7.
I have been using an RFT 6SN7 driving a pair of AVVT's AV300B SL C37's for sometime now and I am very pleased with the result.
No offence we have talked in detail about 6F8G's and other equivalents in earlier posts sometime ago.