Posts by rosgr63

Tyrell you might have to experiment with different type vintage stock 45's. If you get your heater voltage changed you can enter the world of the VT-52's..
  Beautiful amp, well done Glenn!!!!
A pizza with the most expensive toppings doesn't mean is best.................
  Great mod Tony!!!!!!!!!!  Tubes all the way, but at a sensible price.With tube rectifiers you can change the sound with SS is a take it or leave it situation. Saying that I have tube amps with SS rectifiers and I love them..............so it's all about the design and implementation.
I know, I know. Tyrell which 45's are you using?
If that's the case I'm lucky as most of my US tubes are of European stock. The AVVT 300BSL-C37 Ennemoser design are also great tubes and the the Mesh plates even better.The AVVT PX4M considered by some as the holly grail of PX4. Alesha like Glenn is a genius, their designs often copied and used by others. I see some traitors here going SS...........
They are GTA/GTB type tubes, very nice indeed. I would expect an improvement in the lower end.
Nice photo, great amp.   Better safe than sorry.
 Long ago, I experienced 5998's arcing over on one one of my SP Extremes but I was very lucky and no damage occurred.Others using different amps have not been lucky and the HP driver was blown. Warm up noises have not been a problem for me.
  Well done Portugal..... Make that three............