Posts by rosgr63

No, I was very lucky, but it was scary watching the tubes arcing. Some people had their headphone drivers damaged.
 Very good point Punit.,Can't be too careful with them.Even good testing 5998's can do that.It happened to me on other amps but on my Glenn amps.
Clayton you are so lucky!!!!!!!!!   George nice to know you are doing well, not long before you go to NY, congratulations for your new speakers.   Steven, I've been on this game way too long. The biggest enjoyment I ever got out of this hobby is making good friends.   Glenn I bet you GRETA sound fine, I will have it up and running soon.   Currently running my GR Super 10 with 6BL7's driving Grado SR325is......who says low impedance is no good with them????????
Yes the C3g have a 6.3V heater
It just proved to me what I knew in a very simple and practical way.   Please note these are my findings with my own systems.
You are so right Steven, you never know!!!!!!
The circuit a tube is used in is important.   Actually my findings are different to yours Mechans1. I have 3 SP's and I find they respond well to tube rolling. I use one of them with a pair of Grado SR325is for evaluating my tubes. One of the SP's is a PPX3-6SN7 which uses 3 6SN7's both as driver and output. Some noisy 6SN7's drivers became quiet when I use them as outputs.   The same can happen, but not always when I use a noisy tube in a different amp.   When...
I learn new things about audio everyday Nathan.There's nothing wrong asking a question. I like the name you've chosen. The last amp Glenn gave me is named GRETA Glenn-R-Experimental-Tube-Amp.I need to se it up soon.Steven I know I am very very bad for not doing it sooner.............sorry
As long as the base is tight there's nothing to worry about. That's provided the tubes has been tested.
That's way too bad, I can't attack you now..................what a shame! I am not sure if there were any European 6F8G's but it's possible.Nothing surprises me with tubes anymore.